Chapter 5: Day 5

"Seulgi, you haven't touched your food since we got here," Sooyoung told her friend with a worried expression.

The four girls sat still and watched Seulgi stir her cup of coffee for the hundred time.

"Seulgi, is something bothering you?" Joohyun asked and Seulgi let out a heavy sigh.

"Yes," she mumbled, still staring at her coffee.

"What is it?" Seungwan asked and Seulgi let out yet another heavy sigh.

"Oh my goodness, stop sighing so much and just tell us!" Yerim said as she started to get irritated by Seulgi's behaviour.

"Yerim!" Joohyun scolded and Yerim put her hands up in surrender.

"Sorry," she mumbled and continued to sip on her tea.

"What is it that's bothering you, Seulgi? You're never like this. It must be pretty serious," Joohyun said and waited for Seulgi to respond.

"Well, yesterday, I realised something," Seulgi said and paused for a while. "Ugh I can't believe it!" she then shouted in frustration.

"Seulgi, what is it?" Seungwan asked.

"I've only known him for like, four days!" Seulgi shouted and crossed her arms. "How the heck did I develop a crush on him after four days!?" Seulgi continued to shout and the girls sat there in shock.

"Wait! Seulgi! You have a crush on Taeyong?!" Sooyoung squealed.

"Why are you so sad about that? It's not that bad," Seungwan reassured.

"It is bad! It's going to affect the mission in one way or another!" Seulgi said and sighed again.

"Again with the sighing..." Yerim mumbled but smiled at Seulgi.

"What exactly happened at his house yesterday?!" Joohyun asked.

"You were at his house?!" the other girls exclaimed.

Seulgi looked at her best friends and let out one more heavy sigh and banged her head on the table.

"I can't believe that I have a crush on him, I don't know what I'm going to do next time I see him. It's going to be so awkward, he was just fooling around with me and next second I realise that I like him." Seulgi mumbled.

"Seulgi, what happened yesterday?" Joohyun asked again.

Seulgi looked up and told them everything that happened at Taeyong's house yesterday in every little detail and then banged her head on the table again.

"Oh..." Seungwan mumbled.

"Hey, cheer up, it's not that bad, you aced both your acting test and lie detector test, right?" Yerim said trying to calm down Seulgi.

"I did, but now it's different, my feelings are getting involved and every time I think about him I just get all weird and flustered and I just don't know what to do, what if I fall in deeper?" she mumbled.

"I know it's hard Seulgi, but you have to be professional about this, the mission just started and you can't mess up." Joohyun pointed out.

"I know, I'll try my best," Seulgi said and looked up.

"Aye, don't think about it. You're Kang Seulgi, okay? And we're getting through this together, even if we have to follow SHINee on their mission you can still call us anytime, okay?" Sooyoung reassured.

"Hey, since when did you get so good at comforting people?" Seulgi teased Sooyoung rolled her eyes at her and scoffed and the others laughed.

"Thanks girls, I'm feeling much better," Seulgi said and her phone buzzed. She looked at her phone and her heart dropped, "or not," she mumbled and banged her head on the table again.