8. bitches & surprise visits

violets pov

I grabbed my books for the day out of my locker, but when I shut it I felt a tug at my hair that stopped me from walking away.

I winced at the pain of my hair being pulled back. I looked at people passing by who were pretending that my hair wasn't shut in my locker.

I tried to reach to get my hair out but couldn't. "Need some help?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned my head and saw Michael.

"No, I have it handled thanks" I stated quickly. He smiled and put his hands in the air and backed away.

I struggled to get my hands behind me to get my hair out of my shut locker. I sighed in failure. "help" I sighed looking at him. He smiled and went towards my hair. "What's your locker combo?" He asked.

"16 45 98" I groaned. A few seconds later my hair was dislodged from my locker. I started massaging my scalp from the pain. "Thanks" I said in pain.

He smiled and nodded. "Your eye looks better" he said pointing to my eye. "Yeah" I said looking down. I looked around us. "Look I really shouldn't be talking to you brooke might be around" I said looking in all directions.

He sighed and looked to the side. "Listen I'll talk to you- I mean I'll see you around" I said turning on my heels and walking down the hallway, before I bumped into someone.

I stumbled backwards before that person grabbed my shirt and pulled me up to their face. "You'd think you've learned your lesson the first time" brooke snapped in my face. "I-I'm Sorry" I mumbled quickly closing my eyes.

"Maybe I should give you another black eye so you'll learn not to talk to my boyfriend" she said in my face still strongly gripping my shirt.

"Let her go brooke" I heard someone say behind me.

Michael pov

Brooke's eyes went wide as she let go of violet's shirt. Violet turned around and I saw the fear in her eyes. "Baby!" She squealed running past Violet over to me.

I looked her up and down when she ran to stand next to me. "You see, me and vee we're just-"

"Don't call her that" I snapped knowing she hated to be called Vee by not her friends. Brooke's eyebrows furrowed when I said that. I looked over and saw a faint smile on violet's face.

"We were just talking. Right Violet?" She said through gritted teeth towards Violet. I saw the fear return in her eyes when she nodded quickly, before walking away.

"See everything is fine, you seem stressed I should come over after school" she smiled stroking my arm bitting her lip.

Normally I would say yes immediately and be very attracted by what she was doing, but right now the last thing I would want was to have her over to help me 'de-stress'. Right now I was just repulsed.

I'd much rather have Violet over and see her smile, laugh, and tell me I'm doing it wrong. Yesterday I found myself doing problems wrong on purpose just to see her giggle at my mistakes.

No Michael stop. You have a girlfriend. Stop, you don't like Violet she's a nobody, she definitely doesn't like you. Just have your girlfriend do what she said. De-stress. It'll make you feel better. It always makes you feel better.

but what came out of my mouth was not that. "No not today, I'm busy" I said quickly. "You've busy all week! I have needs to you know" she snapped at me.

"Yeah me too, like my girlfriend not a bitch to my friend" I snapped back. She gasped at my statement, but I didn't regret it at all. "You don't mean that" she said covering her mouth. "Whatever" I mumbled walking away.