3. apologies & brothers

violets pov

I yawned as I walked to school with Luke. "You look tired" Luke said looking down at me as we walked. "Wow thanks" I mumbled rolling my eyes at him. "You know thats not what I meant" He said lightly shoving me. I smiled. "I was up all night talking to calum" I said rubbing my eyes just long enough to look up and see his eyebrows furrowed.

"Luke" I said stopping. "What?" he asked innocently turning around. "You get all weird when I talk about cal" I mumbled crossing my arms. "N-no I don't" he stuttered looking at the ground. "Luke I know you better then anyone else, whats bothering you?" I asked looking up at him as we continued walking again.

He didn't look at him but instead look at the ground kicking a rock and bitting his lip ring nervously. I sighed knowing I wasn't going to get an answer out of him. Right as we were about to walk into the school I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned and was met with beautiful green eyes and knew exactly who they belonged to and froze. "Can I uh talk to you?" He asked flickering his eyes from me to Luke. Was he really asking me to talk to him? Was this seriously happening?

Luke kicked my leg and snapped me out of my trance. "Uh yeah um sure" I said awkwardly. We walked slowly to the side next to some steps. "I'm sorry for for yelling you the other day I'm not like that really. It was just a lot of stuff had happened and I shouldn't have lashed it out on you. My parents are just on my back about my grade" He admitted looking down at me.

"I-its fine Michael" I managed to get out. "So about that tutor" He laughed smiling scratching the back of his neck. I smiled and looked down at my feet clutching onto the books in my arms.

"Will you? You know like tutor me?" he asked.

"Um sure"

"Thanks Victoria" He said putting his hand on my shoulder sending sparks throughout my body, but my face dropped.

"Violet"

"What?"

"My name, it's violet" I mumbled awkwardly looking at the ground. "Right right" He laughed putting his hands in his pocket.

"So can you tutor me after school today at my place?"

"Yeah I think I-wait no I can't today" I answered quickly remembering my date with calum was today. "Okay how about tomorrow?" He asked. "Sounds good" I smiled. He smiled.

"Babe!"

I looked over and saw Brooke coming our way. great. just fucking great. "Uh hi babe" He mumbled looking at me. She walked up and attacked him mouth I swear I thought she was going to swallow him whole.

I awkwardly stood there looking anywhere but at them rocking back and forth on the heels of my feet.

"O-okay B-brooke" Michael said pushing her off him and looking at me. Brooke glared at me. "I-i think I should go now" I said seeing now I was unwanted by Brooke. Michael opened his mouth to say something before Brooke cut him off.

"I think thats best"

Michael looked at her and then at me. I smiled weakly before walking away.

-

"Should I wear this? Or this? Wait no this right? No definitely not" I sighed throwing down everything in my hands and running a hand through my hair. "Vee, why are you freaking out?" Luke laughed as I rummaged through my cloths trying to find what to wear on my date.

"Luke you're not helping!"

"I think what you have on is fine!"

I looked down at my flannel and jeans. "Seriously?" I asked looking down at old flannel. "Vee, its just a guy" He rolled his eyes spinning in my chair. "I know but its my first date, maybe possibly could be my first kiss" I smiled hopefully. He just looked at me.

"Just because you're attractive and had your first kiss in freshman year doesn't mean I can't have mine in junior because I'm ugly!" I said throwing a shirt at him. He caught it "Violet you are not ugly" He said tossing the shirt on the floor with the rest.

I rolled my eyes

"Wait Wait I think I found it!!" I said pulling out a shirt

"Found what?"

"The one" I said pulling out a California shirt that I got last summer when I visited there. He nodded in agreement.

"Wont it be cold?"

"Yeah, but he'll give me his jacket"

"Vee"

"Stop Luke I know that voice, I'm not getting my hopes up" I said turning towards him. "I just don't want you to get your heart broken" He frowned.

"I won't"

"I'm just looking out for you"

"I know and I appreciate it" I said walking over to him and wrapping him in a hug. "But I'm okay" I said leaning back and holding his shoulders. He nodded. "Okay now get out you can't be here when he gets here" I said pushing him slightly.

He laughed as he walked out of my room and back home. I changed and curled my hair and put on some makeup and made my way downstairs to my 3 older brothers.

"Why are you all dolled up?" My oldest brother, Steven asked turning around. "I have a date" I said slyly. "A date?" they all 3 asked. "You're too young to date" Jay said. "Im 17" I rolled my eyes and sat down. "Who's the guy?" Adam asked.

"His name is calum and he's really nice, now he's going to be here any second so don't be-"

I was cut off by the door bell ringing. We all looked at each other before rushing to the door. Of course they got there before me. I was standing behind Jay while Steven answered the door.

My brothers were very tall and intimidating might I add.

I saw calum's eyes go wide when he saw my brother. "Um-i I'm here to pick up violet" He mumbled.

"In what? Do you have a car?" jay asked behind Steven.

"Um y-yes" He said turning around and looking at his car.

Steven looked down at the flowers in his hand. "Cute flowers, she's allergic to them though" He said crossing his arms.

"I am not!" I yelled pushing through them and trying to get to calum. I pushed them all back so we had room. His face relaxed when he saw me. "These are for you" He said holding out the flowers.

I smiled and took them. "Come in" I said grabbing his hand and dragging him to the couch while he scaredly looked at my brothers. He sat down on the couch. "Ill be back I have to go put this in my room.

I walked over to my brothers "Don't scare him away" I whispered through gritted teeth. They all smiled at each other as I walked away.

word count: 1166

OOOO