9. Parties & abs

Violet POV

"Cmon babe just come with me" Calum murmured into my neck. "Cal, I dont like parties" I laughed pushing him away from me.

"Do it for me, you know I won't leave your side" he said kissing my temple. "I know, but I'll have to talk to luke" I said picking at my nails.

"Why?" He asked. "He's my best friend I just want to see what he thinks about it" I said looking up at him. "The party starts at 8, call me before then" he said throwing my legs off his lap and standing up.

"You're not mad are you?" I asked  looking at him grabbing his jacket off my chair. He shook his head. "Just call me later babe" he said smiling and walking out my door.

A frown formed on my face. Was it something I said? I pulled out my phone and called Luke. It rang a few times before he answered with a groggy "hello?"

"I'm sorry did I wake you up?" I said in a sarcastic voice. "Yes actually" he groaned. "It's 9 o'clock" I said annoyed. "Why are you awake didn't Calum spend the night? Go hang out with him why are you calling me?" I heard the innocence in his voice. I was hurt by his statement.

"Luke I need to talk to you" I said. "Im not getting out of bed just come over" He groaned before hanging up the phone. I slipped on my vans and made my way over next door. A few minutes later I was knocking on Luke's house.

He answered the door rubbed his eyes. His hair was messy but cute at the same time. My eyes traveled down to his toned abs with his boxers handing lowon his waist. "Vee?" He said snapping my attention back to his face. 

"Have you been working out?" I asked looking down at his stomach once again. "Yeah, not that you would ever know your always with calum" He mumbled turning around and walking up the stairs leaving me outside with the door wide open. 

I walked in and shut the door and followed him upstairs to his room. I walked in and saw him laying on his bed. "Thats what I came to talk to you about" I said standing in his door way. "My abs?" He asked looking up at me. I laughed  and shook my he'd "Calum" I said making my way over to his bed. 

He groaned. "but I need help" I said sticking out my bottom lip. "What is it?" He asked sitting up and patting the seat next to him. "Ill tell you once you put pants on" I said motioning to him still in just boxers.

"Oh shit right" He said standing up and grabbing a pair of grey sweatpants and putting them on, before sitting next to me again. 

"Calum wants me to go to a party"

"You hate parties"

"I know thats why I came to talk to you"

He stared at me with a blank expression. "You're gonna let him peer pressure you into going to a party aren't you?" He asked. "No! Well I don't know-Maybe? Ugh" I groaned. 

He looked at me. "Then go" He said blankly before standing up.

"What?"

"I said go to the party, why would I care if you go or not?"

I was hurt by his words. "Ouch" I laughed grabbing my chest indicating he hurt my feelings. "I mean he's your boyfriend, do what he wants" He mumbled standing in front of me.

"He's not my boyfriend" I said looking up at him, "Your not going to protest? Tell me it not a good idea? Tell me to stay and have a movie night with you like we do every weekend?" I asked throwing my hands up.

He shook his head. "you wouldn't listen to me anyway" He said. I stood up to face him. "You're my best friend of course i'd listen to you" I said looking in his eyes. "You haven't been acting like it lately" He said crossing his arms.

I tilted my head. "You've barley talked to me, and if you did its about calum, you skipped movie night last night that we've had everyday since 7th grade" He said shaking his head. 

"I know Luke I'm sorry, you have to give me a break I don't know how to deal with keeping you and calum happy at the same time" I said putting my head in my hands. He didn't say anything.

"if I go to the party you'll be upset and if I don't and stay here with you calum will be pissed" I cried into my hands. I cried the emotion id been holding in for a while, not lifting my head to let my best friend see me cry even though he'd seen me cry many time before.

I suddenly felt two protective arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into hug. "Don't cry I hate seeing you cry" He mumbled as I cried into his chest. My cries started to slow down and I wiped my nose. "Are you done?" Luke chuckled lightly.

I smiled and nodded, him still hug me. "Have fun at the party, call me if anything goes wrong or you want me to pick you up because calum-"

"Luke ill be fine" I laughed trying to pull away from his hug but he jus pulled me back. "Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded before he let me go. "thanks lukey, I love you" I said kissing him on the check and walking out of his room.

-

Michael pov

"I'm not going to that damn party Derek" I yelled at my best friend over the phone laying on my bed. "Why not? Its just a party mike" He groaned. "Because id rather not spend my Saturday around smelly teenagers drinking and hooking up" I argued.

"I think id be good for you, maybe you could make things up with Brooke, you were fighting a few days ago right?"

"Why is it any concern if were fighting or not?"

"Calm down bro" He laughed. I rolled my eyes and hung up. I couldn't deal with him forcing me to going to a stupid party. I stood up and fixed my messy hair. I decided since I had nothing else to do I thought i'd call violet.

Why? I don't know. I just wanted to har her voice maybe? It rang a few times before I heard a groggy "Hello?" 

"Hey" I said smiling to myself. "Hey" She responded. "Um do you have plans today, maybe we could study for Mr. Allen's test today" I said bitting my nails. 

"Uh I can't today i'm going to a party with- I mean i'm just going to a party" She said quickly. "Oh me too" I said quickly. "You are?" She asked. "Yeah of course" I said knowing only a few minutes ago I refused to go. "I guess ill see you there then" She laughed. 

god I loved her laugh

"See you" I smiled before hanging up. 

I quickly called Derek. "Ill see you at the party" I said quickly and hung up before he could say anything. I rushed to my closet to see what the hell I was going to wear.

word count: 1230

eh im not editing this but hope you like it :(