Chapter 9

I was currently in the mall, with Cam as we were browsing around, hand in hand.

"What about that? I think you'd look great in it." Cam pointed to an outfit a maniquin was wearing.

"Oh that doesn't look too bad." I smiled, tugging him towards the store, stopping in my tracks.

I saw Matt leaning over the counter in a work uniform, once he noticed me he looked up.

His eyes were severely dark, and the bags under his eyes were a black shade, his hair messed up badly. He opened his mouth to speak but then his gaze went to Cam, who was glaring hard at Matt.

"Uh we can go, the outfit could wait-"

"No. It's fine we can still shop, just ignore him okay?" Cam said softly, not taking his gaze off Matt.

I nodded, moving to the corner of the store and grabbing the orange beanie that the maniquin was wearing, along with the coat and cargo pants.

I continued to browse around, picking up random items along the way as I walked to the counter, setting my stuff on to the top.

Cam came up behind me, letting a hand rest on my back.

"Is that all miss?" Matt croaked. I could tell he was exhausted.

"Yeah. That's it." Cam said coldly.

I look at Matt as he silently rang up my items, hands shaking.

I immediately reached over the counter, grabbing his hands.

"Matt what the hell happened?!" I raised my tone, looking at his cut up knuckles which were bruised in a dark purple.

He pulled his hands back, continuing to ring up the last of the items.

Cam pulled me back, whispering into my ear before moving over to Matt alone.

"Let me talk to him."

Cam and I walked out the doors of the large mall and climbed into his car, driving silently to my house.

As we arrived the door was ajar, "Stay inside." Cam said, getting out of the car, "And lock the doors until I get back."

Cam ran into the house, as I sat nervously in the car.

Five minutes passed...

Ten minutes....

I couldn't take it.

I ran out of the car and slammed the door open, "Cam?!" I yelled, followed by silence.

"Cam?!?" I yelled again, running through my now ransacked house.

Climbing up the stairs, I couldn't find Cam. He wasn't here.

I started to cry, running down stairs and looking at my slide door, which was completely open.

I walked outside, "Cam?" I yelled while sobbing.

I sat on the ground, crying.

What did I do? Why did I let him go inside?

A force from behind me jolted me forward, along with the voice I waited to hear.

"Cory!" Cam said, hugging me tightly.

I turned around, pushing myself on his chest, hugging him back while letting tears start to soak through his shirt.

"I told you to stay in the car. Don't do that again, please." He pleaded, shaking.

Was he crying?

I looked up at Cam, who's eyes were filled with tears as he sniffed, smiling at me.

"Cam.."

I grabbed his face, kissing his harshly, needing to feel the electricity he sends through our kisses.

He immediately kissed back, biting my bottom lip, and moving his hands behind my head to push me more into the kiss.

He pulled back, and placed his head on mine, "Don't scare me ever again like that. I chased after a guy but he ran too fast for me and I was worried for you, but when I came back you were gone. I thought.."

I kissed him quickly and looked straight into his blue eyes, "I would never let that happen."

I blushed as he smiled at me before kissing my head.

"God I love you."

🤘👌

Hey loves!

Sorry it's a short chapter haha :)))

But anyways I really hope you enjoyed, I'm not good at writing but I'll get there some day! :))

See you next time 💛💛💛