Chapter 4

If anyone is confused about the time periods, it will make more sense as the story goes on. Characters will talk about lack of weapons such as guns, etc. Nolvainia isn't a fully developed  country yet, keep this is mind as well. Anyways....Comment, Vote, Fan and Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron looked around continuously, wondering if the hordes of monsters would come after him again. Nothing was seen. All that remained was him, the dead, and the figure behind him. After wiping his hands on his torn clothes, he stood there for a moment trying to control his ragged breathing before turning towards the figure who was just as bloody as he was.

The teen before him turned his head, gazing back at Aaron. His golden blonde hair had streaks of blood that ran down his face in little streams. His clothing was slightly tattered from the battle they had just won as well. The blonde teen looked just a little younger and had crystal brown eyes that had a striking resemblance to that of Aaron’s. Each lowered down their weapons.

“Who…are you?” Aaron asked bewildered at how good his rescuer’s fighting was. The blonde titled his head for a moment in thought as he scanned Aaron’s figure, his eyes softening once they hit Aaron’s once more.  He opened his mouth as if to say something, but closed it with a shake of his head. A small smile lit his features as he continued to stare.  

“Aaron, it’s time to wake up” the blonde said. Aaron frowned, recognizing the voice. It was Ethan’s. But the teen in front of him wasn’t Ethan.

“Fine, have it the hard way then” Ethan’s voice called out.  Without warning, a freezing fluid covered his body, causing Aaron to wake from his sleep in shock.  In front of his bed, with a now empty bucket, was Ethan. Glaring, Aaron threw off his now soaked bed sheets and stood up.

“Ethan...you’re going to pay for that” he snarled. Quickly grabbing the nearest pillow, he stepped towards his now gulping friend. Throwing down the bucket, Ethan slowly inched backwards.

“Err...oops?” Ethan turned swiftly and began running around the room. Aaron ran after him as he chucked the pillow at Ethan’s head.  As Ethan was looking back, the pillow hit him square in the face, causing him almost to fall over on his own two feet.  The pair ran around for five minutes yelling curses and jests at one another before Aaron finally caught Ethan. 

“I’m sorry!” Ethan exclaimed, flinching away from the contact. “Tarin said for me to get you up!” Aaron dropped his hand from Ethan’s shirt for a moment, giving Ethan the chance to run away again- a chance which he gratefully took.

“You liar!” Aaron yelled as he began the chase once more. In an attempt to end the game of cat and mouse, Aaron lunged forward and grabbed Ethan’s pant leg, pulling the pair onto the ground once more with a big thud.  During the chaos, the door abruptly opened to reveal Tarin and a guard who watched the scene in irritation.

“Would you two stop with the cat fight!?” Tarin barked as he looked sternly at the two of them. The two teens blinked at his fury innocently before plastering wide grins on their faces as they looked at one another. Both broke out into a laughing fit at their mischief.

“Ugh...shut your yaps, get dressed, and meet me downstairs in five” Tarin ordered before disappearing down the hallway.  Shrugging, the boys helped each other up. After a few minutes of confusion on what Tarin wanted them to wear, they skipped getting dressed and went to clean themselves up in the bathroom. After that was done, they went downstairs to the kitchen where Tarin was waiting for them.

“Why aren’t you dressed yet?” Tarin raised an eyebrow at them as they stepped into the room. The boys scratched their heads sheepishly.

“We didn’t know if you wanted us to wear something royal-like or our normal clothes...” Aaron replied trailing off. With a simple “ah” from Tarin, the two seated themselves around the table. The three were silent for a moment before Tarin finally spoke.