Chapter 6

Hey guys! So, sorry it took so long to do the update. I've had school so I couldn't update until now. I hope the update is good! Please let me know what you think of it! Oh, and check out this new band I found. I personally think the beat of it makes awesome battle music. Anyways, Comment & Vote & Fan & Enjoy! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been several hours since they had gone on the road from Aaron’s former home. The storm that they had traveled in for a safer departure had almost past. All that was left of it was a few gray clouds in the sky and a light drizzle of rain which they rode through. Like the storm, the men’s tensions had also eased away over time, leaving them in a comfortable, relaxed state. Aaron and Ethan however, who were very eager to get to the palace, were more bored than anything.

Passing a small stress ball he had brought between his hands repeatedly, Aaron sat slouched on the red cushioned bench seat he shared with Ethan, back towards the window. There was nothing really that the two teens could do than what they had already done -which wasn’t much. That consisted of some small talk about the whole ordeal, cards, stare out the window, and use anything that they had brought with them for entertainment.  Setting the ball down, Aaron casually glanced at his watch he had put on, curious as to the time.

According to the clock, it was now just past noon. They had been on the road for five hours straight. With a slight sigh, Aaron laid his head against the wall, closing his eyes momentarily. He sat like that in silence for about five minutes, totally in peace with everything for just that little bit of time. Unfortunately, like usual, that peace was then broken.

“Hey Tarin,” Ethan piped up, causing Aaron and said man to look at him curiously.

“Yes Ethan?” Tarin raised an eyebrow.

“ARE WE THERE YET?!?” Aaron mentally face palmed himself after hearing Ethan’s words. They were riding in a forest currently with no signs of civilization expect for the road. Did it look like they were even remotely close to being ‘there’ yet? 

“We will be there in about seven more hours,” Tarin replied, eyes wandering back down to the book he had been reading. Ethan groaned, smacking his head back against the seat cushion as a response.

“But that’s way too long!”Ethan whined like a five year-old. “And I’ve been bored for the past two hours! Uh...This is unbelievable.” With a huff, he crossed his arms and turned to look out the window.  Aaron shook his head, hoping slightly that Ethan wouldn’t start to bug him instead.

No such luck. Ethan turned to face Aaron, a smile on his face.

“Tell me more about your past Aaron,” Ethan declared. Aaron glared, an annoyed frown stuck on his face.

“NO,” Aaron huffed. “I’ve already told you the short version while we were at my house, and I do NOT feel like telling the long version.”

“Awe, come on!”

“NO!” The two stared at each other for a moment, waiting for the other person to say something. Seconds ticked by, seeming like minutes. Ethan broke the staring contest and replied to his friend in a slight mocking tone.

“Well then. Someone’s not a happy camper! Stop PMSing. Like seriously. Me-ow!”

Aaron’s left eye twitched as he tried not to lash out at his friend. He trusted Ethan and everything but man could he be annoying. He swore Ethan was too different people conjoined into one. He could be mysterious, thoughtful and everything, and then it was as if there was an irritating child trapped in his friend’s seventeen year old body.