Chapter 5

This chapter is dedicated to lilcamae for being my first fan! Thanks for fanning, and I hope everyone enjoy's the chapter! ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacky opened his eyes as he lay on top of his bed. He had been listening to the sound of the thunderstorm reverberating along through the walls of the guild as he waited for the time for action. The time for action had now come. Oh sweet, sweet madness. Complete madness was what he was about to attempt, and damn was it ever exhilarating.

 It got his blood pumping and his heart racing for what would await him. His escape was pretty much futile-yet he was going to try to do it anyways. He would be staring death in the face and he didn’t even care. Dying this way would be better than working for these spawns of Satan.  And maybe, just maybe, he would get out and be free. Free to make his own choices and free to make his own future.

Getting off the bed, he quickly changed back into his hunting clothes. The clothes were still stained with blood from the kills he had made only a couple hours before since he didn’t bother doing anything with them except chuck them on the floor of his room. He hadn’t even fallen asleep entirely. He had still been partially awake, mind to busy with plots and plans for him to fall into slumber. And now it was seven in the morning-the destined time he had planned for all hell to break loose.

Hastily grabbing his long sword from his master, Jacky strapped it to his back and started to gather the rest of his weapons. There was no way in hell that he would leave more weaponry for the guild to use against him. Securing a couple daggers, two desert eagles with extra ammo, and some poisoned darts on to his body, he was now ready to defend himself with his all against the brutes of his guild. Nodding self-consciously, he hoisted the backpack he had readied with medical supplies and spare clothes upon his shoulders. Now he was ready to rumble.

“Alright Jacky,” he murmured anxiously. “Let’s go have our little date with Death.” With a deep breath, he turned around towards the door and walked forward-only to trip over his feet and land face first on the floor with a big thud. Thank goodness the rooms blocked in a load of sound or else he would be in trouble already-and he hadn’t even begun his escape.

“Oh, come on!”Jacky exclaimed in frustration as he stared at the wood flooring in his face.  Colourfully throwing a couple curses out of his mouth, he slowly got off the ground with anger and anticipation running through his veins. He drew a dagger out of its holder and stormed towards the door. Knowing that if he wasn’t somewhat calm he’d make a mistake, he slowed himself down and listened to the sound of his breathing. That did the trick.

“Time to have a little bit of fun” smirking, he turned the door knob and walked out the door. No one was in the hallway, but stealth was to be used at all costs. There was no way that he would make it easier for them to catch him. Creeping to the end of the hallway, Jacky peered around the corner. The coast was clear.

He darted out from the shadow of the wall, breaking out into a sprint down the narrow hallway. His footsteps barely made any sound, just enough for a pair of readied trained ears. He gripped the dagger tighter in his right hand as he anticipated the moment when he would have to use it. It wouldn’t be long until he had to-the guild knew fairly quickly when something was amiss.

Continuing to run, he flew around the next corner. The tension of being caught increased with each step he took, but so did the thrill of the ride he was taking to get to his freedom.  His heart felt like it was about to explode in his chest from all of the pressure. Spotting the door that lead out of his section of guild bedrooms, he skidded to a halt right at the foot of it from his crazed rush. Throwing it open, he stepped on the other side of the door and closed it, all in one swift motion.