Take A Stand

Everyone came up to me after class and congratulated me on standing up to Umbitch. The rest of the day continued as normal and I went to the Owlery to send off a letter. By dinner, everyone had heard about the 5th year Gryffindor defense class and I had 7th year Hufflepuffs coming up to me to congratulate me.

Then, detention rolled around and Harry and I headed off to Professor Umbridge's office. We walked in and it was even worse than I had imagined. It was pink, seriously is this woman colour blind and can only see pink? And there were kittens on plates on the walls. Yeah OK then.

We sat down and she told us we're writing lines. "We don't have our quills or any ink." She smiled at us. "You will be using one of my quills. You don't need any ink. Mr Potter you will write I must not tell lies and Miss Malfoy you will write I must Show Respect."

We started to write and my hand stung. "How many times?" Harry asked. "As long as it takes to sink in." I wrote it out 3 times but then I looked at my hand. 'I must show respect' Was carved into it. I stood up. "Something wrong Miss Malfoy?" She smiled smugly. "Yes. Harry, get up we're leaving." I pulled his arm and left.

"If you leave, you will have detention with me for the rest of the year!" She shouted after us. "Doubtful!" I dragged Harry along to the common room and stood on the table. "Ivy, Harry why are you back already?"

I ignored her and told everyone to shut up. "Who here has had a detention with Professor Umbridge?" 7 people raised their hands.

"Right, everyone who has come over to me please." I stepped down and they came over. "What are your names?"

There was 1 first year, 2 second years, 1 third year, 1 fourth year and 2 Seventh years plus me and Harry. "Show me your hands." They each had different thing carved into their hands. I shook with anger. "Right, well for those of you who don't know my name is Ivy Malfoy and I'm sure you all know Harry Potter. Let's go on a little trip." We walked to Professor McGonagall's office with Harry complaining all the way.  "Shut up Harry you are not going to change my mind."

I knocked on the door and she came out. "Yes Miss Malfoy? I see you brought others with you."

"No time for chit chat today Minnie. I need you to take us to Dumbledore."

"Whatever do you need to see the Headmaster for?"

"I need his permission to leave school and go to the Ministry."

"Why?"

"Because I need to talk with Minister Fudge about his Undersecretary."  She nodded and smirked. "Very well."

We walked to Dumbledore's office and McGonogall said the password. "Minerva, Harry, Vivian, Dexter, Mary, Lia, Eleanor, Dennis, Robert, Janet. What seems to be the problem?"

"Professor, I need to go to the Ministry to consult with the Minister. And I need your permission. I will obviously take an adult with me, I suggest my Head of House. It is an urgent matter."

"Well, Miss Malfoy I wouldn't want to stand between you and something urgent. You and Professor McGonogall may go to the Ministry. But you need to be back by 8.30 pm."

I nodded. "Of course Professor. Don't worry everyone I will get this sorted out. Just try and stay out of trouble. Harry, take them back to the common room, and no you are not coming. Come on Minnie." Harry left and I took some floo powder. "Ministry of Magic!" I walked out of the Ministry chimney and waited for Professor McGonogall. She arrived and I started speed walking to the Minister's office. I looked at his assistant. "I need to meet with the Minister right away. I will be here all night if I have to."

Then, Cornelius Fudge walked out. "Miss Malfoy!"

"Minister, I hope you read my letter."

He raised an eyebrow. "I did, it was quite eye opening."

"Excellent because I have more news about your Senior Undersecretary."