First Name #7

I sat in the school library looking through multiple books trying to be prepared for the upcoming test tomorrow. The subject was math and of course, I was struggling with understanding the material because math was never my best subject. I scratched my head as I leaned closer to the book trying to understand the words on the paper. I sighed and hit my head on the table. Math wasn't all that hard, it just wasn't all that good. I kept my head down on the table for a good few seconds before picking it up and looking back at the book.

"You can do this (y/n). You passed the entrance exam, why is this any different," I mumbled quietly to myself as I glared at my book.

"(Y/n)?" I looked up to see Amajiki standing in front of me. "What are you doing here?" Amaki managed to ask without stuttering.

"Did you," I paused. "Just call me by my first name?" I asked him as a little blush covered my cheeks.

His face immediately flushed turning a dark shade of red which made me giggle at his cute demeanor. "I-I'm sorry. I'm s-so sorry, I-I didn't mean to c-call you by your f-first name. Really!" He stuttered out, I was actually surprised that he managed to create a full sentence. Before I knew it he had his back face towards me and his head nearly planted against a bookshelf.

"Amajiki" I got out of my seat and walked over towards him and patted the top of his back. "I don't mind if you call me by my first name. It sounds nice when you say it." I said with a bright smile on my face.

He looked over at me ever so slightly and spoke up. "Are you sure?" He asked just above a whisper.

"Of course I'm sure," I said to him.

"Then... then call me Tamaki." He said turning to face me completely.

I could feel my heartbeat pick up when I heard him say that. He was allowing me to use his first name. A name which takes quite some to earn because of all the leave of trust you need to gain in order to use it. And he was willingly letting me use his name even though we have only known each other for such a short amount of time. I was going to ask him if he was sure, but if I did that would only make him question if it was a good idea. So I just let it be.

"If that's okay with you then so be it. Tamaki," I said testing out his name making sure it sounded alright. "Anyways, your good at math right?" I asked him.

"Well I wouldn't say I'm good," Tamaki said.

"You always seem to be ahead of the class and get through those problems as if it's nothing." I walked away from him and took my seat back in front of the books. "And since there's a test tomorrow I kind of need help studying for it. So can you please look over my work to make sure it's correct," I said giving him my papers so he can review my work.

He subtly took my paper out of my hand and looked over the work. He looked over the questions I answered rather quickly and gave me back the paper in no time. He took the seat right next to me and placed the paper between the both of us. "You have questions 3, 4, and 5 correct but questions 1, and 2 are wrong and you haven't finished 6 yet. Which I find off seeing that 3 and 4 are the more complex ones," Tamaki stated.

"Really, well that makes me feel smarter now," I said feeling a tad bit more confident in myself.

"Just revise your work then looked back at the problem. It makes it easier to find what you did wrong." He slid the paper back in front of me as I looked over my work carefully. I looked back at the problem only yo realize I had written 24 instead of 25. I banged my head on the table which startled Tamaki a bit, but I had only realized my stupidity.

"God I'm stupid," I said before lifting my head and erasing what I had previously written down on my paper. Tamaki only smiled before he got up from his seat.

"I'll be going now. I have to go home and help Mirio study. I'll see you tomorrow," Tamaki said before turning on his heel and walking away.

"Okay. Thanks for the help," I said to him before he was out of earshot.

I sat there and continued to study using the strategy that Tamaki gave me. I smiled as I thought about his kind action.

Time Skip

I sat at my desk looking down at the test paper in front of me. Results had come on the same day we took the test and I was nervous about what grade I got. I took in a deep breath before flipping over the paper to see what I got, and there on my paper in red it said 92. A huge grin covered my face as I looked over to Tamaki. I tapped his shoulder and he looked over to me. I lifter my test paper to show him.

"Thanks for the help," I whispered as he simply smiled at me.

"Hey (l/n), what did you get on the test?" Hado asked.

"I got a 92, and you?" I asked.

"87."

Both of us looked over to Tamaki and Togata. "What about you two. What did you get?" Hado asked both Tamaki and Togata of them."

"99," Tamaki said.

"I got a 79," Togata said sheepishly.

"Didn't we study for the test yesterday!?" Tamaki asked. I stifled a laugh as I continued to see the situation unfold before me.

"Sorry, I kind of spaced out while we were studying," Togata admitted chuckling at his own statement. "If it's any better I still passed the test."

"But still. We studied together," Tamaki said rather quietly.

"Tamaki, he still did pass. Your effort did avail," I said to him.

Togata and Hado looked over to both Tamaki and me with wide eyes. "You guys are on first name bases?" Togata asked.

"Since when?" Hado asked.

"Yesterday. Tamaki accidentally called me by my first name yesterday and I said he could call me that. So in return he let me call him by his first name as well," I said to Tamaki wouldn't have to.

"if that's the case then all of you can call me Nejire," Nejire said with pride.

"Yeah, you guys can call me Mirio than. We all seem to be very close anyway," Mirio stated.

"Alright then, class me (y/n)."