Little Yuuki

In a little tea shop located only blocks away from the hottest place in town was a young male. He was quite the spectacle. He seemed to have the features of a boy. But his emotions and quite serious eyes showed that of an old wise man. Quite the issue one would have trying to decide who he was. But indeed this was little Yuuki. And of course he looked this way. why would he look any other way. For he was a bitter soul with much to be angry about. Much to find true dread in. Such a small body with so much pent up anger. 

Several days had passed since he silently met Nicole. Silently disregarded her. And rudely told her he hadn't liked her. Though was surprised when the end of the visit came she'd hugged him and said she'd be back next week. Next week would be today. But there was no Nicole and there was no Autumn. 

An accident had occurred. He'd saw it on the news. Her print shoppe had been destroyed with the mother in it. An edge had been in there and ripped it to shreds clearly targeting the older woman. Why? He'd get no answer to fro several years. He'd never know the real answer for so long it might as well be a mystery for the ages. If her were that hung up on it. The only mystery to him was where is the young girl whom promised she would see him next week: today.

"Yuuki-kun. Come now. We have to go. Miss Autumn and Miss Nicole will not be visiting us for awhile. I would like to take a walk and clear my head of these discrepancies. Of course the old man knew that Yuuki knew what had happened. It was only a matter of where was Nicole. Couldn't she use some sort of comfort. She wasn't in the building, they only found the mother. The Edge hadn't taken her away. Had it lost it's humanity so much to take a child? No... Edge were still human. And even most humans had a sick and dastardly mind about them.

"Coming grandfather. Allow me to grab my jacket before we leave." He said. Though it was beginning to be summer he knew these walks could last well into the evening and the cold air would get to him. He wanted to be safe,  rather than sorry. The idea of them taking a walk after such an event seemed appropriate. He was in mourning. And Yuuki seemed confused about why he was so concerned. Not that he truly was. He merely found the idea circling in his head. Telling him to mourn. To search for the young blonde. But he didn't act. It was not his place. 

"Of course. Be quick now. It'll be dark soon." Tei Hua would always say this before a walk. Though it never mattered how dark it was they would still walk on to their sudden destination before he would turn them around and head back. Sometimes arriving in the morning. And every time Yuuki would walk silently beside him. 

Though tonight he seems awfully chatty. 

"The Edge grandfather. How come they are like that?" He asked the scene on the news playing in his head. 

A terrifying beast, the size of the building itself, rampaging and destroying. A flame had broken out covering building with in close aproximoty. They had no chance to run. There was no way to. Should they go outside they risk meeting the thing head on. The Gaurdians had yet to arrive in the scene and it was over before it got any worse. As if the Edge's only job was to, in fact, kill Autumn Williamson. The strong Norwegian woman who had come and made a life for herself and her daughter. 

Both of them vanished before the blink of an eye. "Little Yuuki. She called you." He said suddenly the silence in the air however remained unbroken. His words as soft as the night was beginning to cool. Yuuki was glad he had bring his jacket. 

"Yes grandfather. I remember. It was not so long ago I should forget." He said unable to understand what he was saying. "She called me little Yuuki all the time. I saw no problem with that." 

"As you should not. It would be quite the understatement to say that she loved you." He said as they walked approaching what seemed to be a stopping point. Their strides were slower as if the path was coming to an end but they still wanted to walk as long as they would in that direction. Without, of course, going off the pier. 

"I could tell. Miss Autumn was very kind and caring towards me. I do regret having her gone. And her daughter as well. Wherever she may be." He said the idea of the girl going missing still weighing heavily on his mind. "Like thin air she is gone. Like a butterfly wouldn't you say." 

"Perhaps she is merely and caterpillar in her chrysalis. And when she comes back she will have wings the colour of the sky and looks like that of a goddess." Tei smiled as he pictured the graceful image of the growing girl. He was disheartened of course by the turn of events. But he felt at peace with them. 

"I do not think she would look like a goddess. She is too lively for that. More like a jumping spider to me." He said without thinking. 

"Yuuki-"

"I happen to like jumping spiders grandfather." He said and nodded. The two fell silent. One with his mind on his lost friend. The other occupied with his missing one. And it seemed to weigh heavily in their minds the rest of the walk and night.