Ch. 3

Ladybug's feet softly hit the ground. Then she de-transformed.

"Are you okay, Marinette?" Tikki asked as soon as she appeared. Marinette's head felt like a bombing site the minute she de-transformed. She wobbled to her bed and fell into the warm blankets; her head sank into the pillow.

"I'm fine, Tikki." She lied. "Just need a little nap is all. Being a superhero is tiring." Her eyes closed, and she was soon breathing deeply.

*************************

"Marinette. Marinette wake up, sweetie. It's time for school."

Marinette's eyes opened against her will. She looked up into the face of her loving mother, who was smiling at her.

"Your alarm clock didn't go off, so I came to wake you."

Marinette nodded, trying to clear the fog from her head. She sat up, wincing in pain as her head swam.

"You okay, sweetie? Is everything alright?"

"I'm okay, Mom. I'm just a little tired."

"Okay then, but hurry up. You don't want to be late to school."

Marinette smiled. "Definitely not." Marinette's mom left her room. Marinette stood warily, then she stretched. Tikki flew over.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Tikki asked, clearly worried.

"I'm fine, Tikki. Don't worry so much." Marinette changed into her clothes and walked to school. She entered her classroom. Once again, she was the last person to sit down. The class watched her as she sat down.

"Marinette, late as usual." Chloe said evilly. Sabrina and her laughed.

Marinette covered her face with her hands.

"It's okay, girl." Alya said. "Don't let them get to you."

Marinette nodded dully; she wasn't really aware of her surroundings. Why does my head hurt so much?

As she sat there wondering this question her eyes closed.

"Marinette!" The teacher yelled. Marinette shot upward after hearing her name.

"Yes, Ms. Bustier?"

"The answer?"

Marinette looked at her teacher, confused. "Answer to... what exactly?" The class laughed, and Ms. Bustier shook her head in disappointment.

"Really, Marinette, I thought better of you. It's one thing to daydream in class and a whole other thing to back talk to the teacher! Go to the principal's office!"

"But, Ms. Bustier, class just started. I don't know what you are talking about!" Marinette cried helplessly.

Ms. Bustier only offered Marinette a threatening glare. Marinette stood defeated and walked out of the classroom. Tikki flew out of her hiding spot as Marinette walked down the school hallways.

"Goodness, Marinette. Why were you so rude to the teacher?"

"I don't know what everyone is talking about! Class just started!" Marinette whined in frustration.

"Marinette, class was halfway over when Ms. Bustier called you out. You were staring glazed eyed at the board."

Marinette stopped walking. "Really?" Marinette asked even though she knew Tikki was telling the truth. Tikki shook her head yes. What is happening to me today?

Marinette continued to the Principal's office.

"Wish me luck, Tikki." Marinette pushed the door open and walked in.

*************************

"So what was your sentence?" Alya asked.

"Detention." Marinette replied gloomily.

"Hey, that's not bad! When is it?"

"Today. I have to go in about five minutes."

"Hey, at least you'll still be able to go to the movies with us tomorrow after school. That's good news." Alya said. Marinette brightened at the thought.

"Adrien will be there! He's still coming, right?"

"Hasn't canceled yet." Nino said as he walked up to them.

Yes! Another night at the movies with Adrien!

"Where is he, Nino?" Alya asked.

"Fencing practice." Marinette and him said at the same time.

Alya shook her head and looked at her watch. "Shouldn't you go, Marinette? I don't want you to, but I also don't want you to have another detention."

"Oh yeah, right. See you guys!" Marinette then walked off to her doom.