Ch. 11

Marinette awoke suddenly, terror gripping her. "Cat Noir!" She shouted into the empty hospital room. Or at least she thought it was empty. Her Dad was there and ran to her side.

"It's okay, Marinette, calm down. A villain came and must have hit you with something like it did to me, but it's okay now. Ladybug and Cat Noir must have defeated him since we're better."

Her Dad's words did nothing to sooth her. She knew the scene of Cat Noir falling prone to Timebreaker's wrath was nothing but a bad memory now, but she knew she needed to capture the akuma from the new villain. They need Ladybug.

She sat up and tore off the iv's. She slid out of bed, and a wave of nausea came crashing over her like a giant wave in a bad storm. She wobbled and her Dad steadied her.

"Get back into bed, Marinette." He tried to gently lift her, but she pushed him away. Then, with all the strength she could muster from her weakened state, she ran out of the hospital. Her Dad tried to follow her, but she had already disappeared into the crowd of people once he exited her room.

She ran out onto the street and opened her purse. A new sense of dread gripped her. Where's Tikki?

She was soon answered. The little kwami appeared next to her.

"Marinette, they need Ladybug to capture the akuma! They're at the base of the Eiffel Tower!"

Without hesitation Marinette ducked into a side ally and transformed into Ladybug.

Her illness seemed to dim once she transformed, but it was definitely still there. She ran to where Tikki had told her. Indeed they were there, and Ladybug gasped as she saw the hostless akuma flying to Cat Noir. She was too far away to capture it or warn him. Instinct told her it was time to use her lucky charm.

"Lucky Charm!" She yelled as her yoyo flew into the sky. A volleyball landed in her outstretched hands.

She threw the ball into the air and whacked it with all her might toward Cat Noir. The volley ball hurled through the air. Ladybug immediately started sprinting toward the akuma. The volley ball found it's mark, and Cat Noir fell to the ground, just missing the akuma. Now close enough, Ladybug captured the dark butterfly.

"No more evil doing for you little akuma. Time to de-evilize!" She released the butterfly, and it flew into the sky. "Bye bye little butterfly. Miraculous ladybug!" She shouted after she picked up the volleyball and threw it into the air.

Cat Noir, Queen Bee, and Carapace all walked up to her.

"Pound it!" They said as they fist bumped.

"You know, next time you might want to pick a less painful ball. That thing hurt worse than anything. I'll have a bruise for weeks!" Cat Noir said as he whimpered and rubbed his arm.

"Aww, poor kitty. Next time I'll make sure to let you get akumatized. I'm sure it's less painful." She smiled and he returned it. Her miraculous beeped.

"Ladybug, we still need to give you the miraculous." Carapace said.

"Follow me." She led them down an ally. Chloe called off her miraculous and left after she promised Ladybug she wouldn't peak. After a minute Nino transformed back. He handed her his miraculous. He peeked around the corner to make sure no one was looking, especially Chloe. After he saw the coast was clear he too left the ally.

Ladybug ran to Master Fu's place. She entered the room and transformed back.

"Here are the miraculous, Master Fu." She handed him the boxes.

"Thanks, Marinette. Will you be able to get back okay? I heard you aren't well."

"I think I'm good, thank you though." Marinette said and walked out the door. She managed to make it down the street, but her head felt really woozy. Suddenly she collapsed on the hard concrete, and her world turned black once more.