Ch. 10

Cat Noir looked around. He had called Ladybug a dozen more times since he left the hospital, but he hadn't received any answer. He had been trailing Flashback around the city of Paris. Part of him wanted to run after the villain, attack, and destroy the akuma, but his blind rage had left him; he was now thinking with more sense. I could go after him, but it'd be smarter to wait for Ladybug. Together we're stronger. Plus, I'm not sure exactly what to do.

He peeked his head around the building he was behind. Flashback walked down the street, sending wisps of blackness to everyone near him. He did it surprisingly fast, and Cat Noir wasn't positive he could run at the villain without being hit.

"I heard you need my help du... I mean, Cat Noir." A new voice said from behind him.

Cat Noir jumped and turned. In front of him stood Carapace, the turtle superhero who had helped defeat Anansi.

Carapace continued, "I heard Ladybug can't help, so I decided to lend a hand. What do you want me to do?" Normally, Cat Noir would have been mad that a guy knew more about Ladybug than he did, but in truth he was relieved to see a helping hand, lover of Ladybug or not. He desperately needed help.

"What happened to Ladybug? If she isn't here how did you get here?" To Cat Noir's understanding, the other superheroes appeared because of Ladybug.

"Her kwami gave me the miraculous. Apparently Ladybug's is malfunctioning and is currently being fixed. She's supposed to be available for the next mission though."

Cat Noir shook his head. This was the last thing he needed to hear. Before he could respond Queen Bee ran up to them, and a small pink kwami with black dots and blue eyes flew behind her. Ladybug's kwami!

"How can we help?" Queen Bee asked.

Cat Noir shook his head in despair. "I'm afraid I'm not quite sure on that one. Usually Ladybug comes up with the plans."

"Goodness, Cat Noir, I knew you weren't the brains behind the act but I thought better of you." Queen Bee remarked rudely.

Cat Noir scowled. He didn't have time for Chloe's criticism at the moment. "Do you have any ideas, Chloe?"

"It's Queen Bee, and no I do not! You and ladybug are the saviors of the city, I'm just here to help when your sorry butts can't help themselves."

Cat Noir was about to snap back when Ladybug's kwami broke the silence.

"Stop arguing, this isn't going to help! What do you know about the akuma so far, Cat Noir?"

Cat Noir directed his attention to the task at hand rather than Chloe. "His akuma is in the glove, at least I'm pretty sure it is. He touches his hand to his temple then sends a wisp of black stuff at people. It sticks them in a bad memory. He does it all with surprising speed. That's all I got, I'm afraid."

"Dude, that's a lot." Carapace whistled. Cat Noir thought he sounded familiar but didn't have time to dwell on it.

"Do you know what to do, Ladybug... kwami?"

Ladybug's kwami shook her head. "Not at the moment, no. It's Tikki by the way. Carapace, Queen Bee, Cat Noir, why don't you go fight him? We can get a better idea of what he's truly capable of. I'll try to think of a plan."

The heroes nodded.

"Queen Bee, why don't you come from the side? Carapace, come from the other side. I'll come from behind." Cat Noir instructed.

They nodded their understanding and ran off into position. Cat Noir got into his. Once they were ready, they all met eyes. Then Cat Noir began to run silently up to the villain. He could see Queen Bee and Carapace sneaking up on the villain too. Soon the three of them were upon him. Flashback was surprised, but he recovered quickly. He started to shoot black wisps at them, and the heroes had to step back to avoid them. Cat Noir saw an opening as Flashback tried to hit Queen Bee. Flashback turned to face Cat Noir, and the other superheroes closed in on him. It was three against one, and the heroes were winning until Flashback managed to form another black wisp.

"Run!" Cat Noir screamed. They all darted away. A sixth sense told him to turn, and he did. The black wisp had followed him. He swung his staff and cut it down. Instead of disappearing, another black wisp formed. Now there were two after him. He turned and ran.

He ran passed some passersbys, and the wisps buried themselves in the citizens heads. They entered their own bad memories. Cat Noir felt bad but pushed it away. In the end, you are saving them. That's what matters.

The heroes met up again with Tikki. "I know what to do." The little kwami said with confidence. "Carapace, make your shield to protect you three. Queen Bee, when you get close enough paralyze Flashback, and Cat Noir will destroy the akuma."

They nodded. How the Ladybug's come up with all these plans is beyond me.

"Thanks, Tikki." Cat Noir said.

"Of course."

Cat Noir turned to Carapace. "Ready?"

"Ready." Carapace lifted his shield, and Cat Noir and Queen Bee stood closer to him. "Shellter!" He yelled.

A green force field formed around the three heroes. Together they ran at Flashback. Flashback smirked and sent a black wisp at the heroes. His face turned sour as he saw it vaporize once it hit the force field. He sent another wisp only to see the same thing happen. He sent more and more, but they did nothing to stop the superheroes from getting closer.

Once the heroes were almost upon him, Queen Bee yelled, "Venom!" Her spin top began pulsing.

Cat Noir yelled, "Cataclysm!" His hand filled with the black power of destruction.

The green shield disappeared. Queen Bee ran at Flashback and hit him with the spin top. Instantly, he froze, his hand halfway to his temple. Cat Noir destroyed his glove, and the akuma flew out.

He felt accomplished. If only Ladybug were here to see this. He thought proudly before a sudden fear gripped him. Ladybug's not here to destroy the akuma! We're going to live Stoneheart all over again! What if Hawk Moth becomes too powerful to stop?