Hostage

I wake up to the sound of Ashley calling my name. "Lilah! LILAH!" She yells out. I bring my head up, looking around. 

"You murdering piece of shit!" Chris yells. I try to move, but I'm bound to a chair. You MONSTER!" 

"Look around... We're gonna die, Chris! I don't think I'm ready to die," Ash sobs. 

"No one is going to die."

"I wish I could tell you. It's just not fair!"

"What?"

"It's too late!" 

I speak up. "Ash, I waited too long! I never got to say it, you should."

"What's the point?"

"Stop it. Just say..."

"We're always talking around it, and now, I mean, we've wasted everything!" she sobs. 

"Ashley, none of it was wasted."

"What do you mean?"

"Every second that I spent with you was the only thing I ever wanted to do with my time."

"What are you saying, Chris?"

"I'm sorry... I should've told you how I felt."

"Chris..."

"Ash, I swear, when we get out of this-" Suddenly, saws above our heads turn on and Ashley sobs even louder. 

The voice I've only heard once and grown to despise speaks up. "Hello, there, my special little subjects."

"I'm so scared, Chris," Ashley says. 

"Don't be scared," Chris tries. 

"Oh, you should be, Ash, because here's the twist: Chris has made one fatal choice already today and now he must make another. Chris, you can take that gun and shoot Ashley, shoot Lilah, or you can shoot yourself. Who ever is left can live. The choice is yours," Chris aims up and tries to shoot the saws. The voice laughs. "Don't be so silly, Chris," He says. 

Chris examines the gun. I speak up, tears running down my face. "Chris! Chris! Listen to me. Shoot me, alright?!"

"Are you fucking insane?!" He yells back. 

I shake my head. "You think I haven't already held a gun to my head of my own free will?! I didn't pull the trigger because of you guys! You two, Mike, Jess, Hannah, Beth, Josh, Matt, and even fucking Emily! Let me save you guys now, please!" I cry. He holds the gun to himself. "CHRIS, PLEASE! LET ME SAVE YOU!" He sighs and points the gun at my head. I tense up, ready for the pop of the gun. "I love you guys," I say. Suddenly, the bang of the gun rings out. I'm not dead. I laugh softly as I stare down the barrel of the gun. "Fuck," I sigh after a second. Suddenly, the Psycho walks in. Chris empties the rest of the magazine at him. 

"Oh, Chris. Oh, Chris, Chris, Chris," He begins walking, shaking his head. 

"What the fuck?" He asks. 

"Oh, you've heard of blanks before?" I laugh again, a stressed look covering my face. "I mean, really?" The Psycho stops next to me. 

He pulls off his mask. "What... The actual fuck?!" I laughing turns to sobbing. (A voice rings from the distance. "JOTH!" We know Lou is with us, watching from a safe distance because that bean is too precious to be involved![pardon me for the inside joke, but I had to]) 

"Josh?" Chris asks, confused. 

Josh begins laughing hysterically. "Josh!" Sam yells. 

"Josh?!" Mike asks.