Killer Queen

"Josh!" Sam yells out. I snap my head up, instantly out of my thoughts. I rush over to the wall, basically slamming into it. I see the face of the man I've been worried about forever now. 

I rush after my friends as they make their way through the door. "Oh, my God," I whisper, watching Josh closely. 

"You can't tell me what to do anymore! You can't tell me what to do!" He whines out, crying. "Okay... Okay..." His voice changes as he becomes calm. "I trust you. I trust you.."

We all walk closer. "What's the matter with him, Mike?" Sam asks. 

"I don't know. He's tripping or something," Mike replies. 

"It's a hallucination," I correct. "I knew-" I'm cut off by Mike slapping Josh. 

"Josh!" He yells. 

"M-Mike?... Don't h-hit me, p-p-please?" He stutters out. 

Mike steps back. "You were deep in it, man. Full mental jacket."

Sam speaks up. "We didn't think we'd get you back. Josh... Hannah was down here for weeks... a month? She dug Beth up-"

I step forward and put my hand on Sam's shoulder. "Sam," Mike says. 

"I don't think now's a good time for that, hun," I shake my head and she nods. 

"Let's just get the fuck outta here."

"Josh. Do you have the key to the cable car?" Sam asks. I keep my eyes on Josh's face. I feel worry-caused anger rising in me. 

He reaches into his pocket. "Yeah. Here," he pulls out keys and hands them to Sam. I walk up to him and raise my hand in the air. It collides with Josh's face. His hand shoots up to his cheek where I just hit him, "Lilah, I-" I cut him off by hugging him. 

"Two times tonight, I thought you fucking died. Don't fucking do it again," I say, squeezing him. He wraps his arms around me. 

Sam interrupts us. "You guys. See that over there? That means there's a direct way out. Come on."

We all walk over to the opening. Mike scoffs. "There's no way Josh is gonna make it up there."

"Me either," I add, extending my leg, showing my wet, makeshift brace. 

Sam sighs. "Okay. If you help me up, I can go back and tell the other's we're okay," Sam says. Mike agrees. "You two bring Josh back the way we came and we'll all meet back up at the lodge."

"Be careful," Mike says as he boosts her up. 

"You too." 

Mike turns and we begin to walk. "Alright, let's go, you fucked up son of a bitch."

"You didn't-You didn't have to hit me so much, man," Josh says. 

"Ah, yeah. I'm sorry about before, man. I thought you killed Jess. I was wrong."

When we round the corner, Josh see's The Stranger's body. "No... No..." he says. I reach down and grab his hand in an attempt to let him know it's all okay. He continues mumbling to himself. I let go of his hand so we can climb into the lake. Just then, Mike is pulled into the water. I pull the shotgun off my back and cock it, remaining absolutely still. Suddenly, a Wendigo pops out. "You're not real!" Josh yells. I aim the shotgun and place my finger on the trigger, but something stops me. "Hannah?" We both say at the same time. 

(Flashback to a few months before the first trip, the same day as the flash back in the last chapter)
I blow on my newly polished toes to dry them. "So, I haven't shown anyone yet, but..." Hannah pulls down her sleeve to reveal the healing tattoo on her arm. 

I scoot forward to her. "Shut up! I love it!" I admire the butterfly. Suddenly, Crazy Little Thing Called Love changes into Killer Queen. "Come on," I grab her hands and pull her off the bed. 

"What are we doing?" Her soft laugh fills my ears. 

"Well, we gotta practice, don't we?" I wink and begin dancing by stepping side to side and waving her hands back and forth. "Come on! Let loose," I laugh. "She's a killer queen!" I lean my head back and sing out. Hannah laughs again and begins dancing. I spin and strike a flamboyant pose. "Guaranteed to blow you mind," I wink and point at her. Opening my hand, I keep singing along. She puts her hand in mine and I spin her. I keep dancing about and Hannah just steps side to side. When Brian May's guitar solo came on, I pretend to play along with him. As I continue to dance, I trip over my own feet. With a laugh, Hannah catches me. I place my hand over my forehead in a dramatic way. "Oh, my hero!" I say with an eccentric voice. I laugh and stand back up. I pull my glasses off and grab hers. "What do you think? Maybe I should go square next time?"

She squints her eyes. "I can't see," she laughs, grabbing her phone. I strike another pose and she takes a picture. 

"You're turn," I smile and place my glasses on her. I snap a pic. We then grab our own glasses and look at the pics. "I look ridiculous!" I laugh at myself. 

She swipes over to hers, "You?! Look at me!" She laughs and shows me, causing me to laugh at her as well. 

"I-" I stop to take a breath. "I think we should stick with our own," I sigh. Hannah nods and sits back on her bed, sending the pics to me. I sit next to her and lay down, Somebody to Love playing over the phone. "Ugh! I hate being single, you know?" I hold my hand up and inspect my black polished nails for the Halloween party. 

She grins devilishly. "Well, you don't have to be." 

"Huh?" I drop my hand on my stomach and look at her. 

"You know, Josh is-"

"Han, we've been over this," I brush her off. "Besides, I won't ever need a boyfriend as long I have you and Beth," I shrug. 

She sighs and lays down as well. "Lils, what if I get one and become too busy?"

I scoot over and cuddle into her. "You won't. You wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I'll kill you if you ever leave me."

(Currently day)
I freeze as Hannah takes away Josh. "Mike!" I whisper yell, looking for my friend. I find him hiding behind a rock, squinting his eyes and shaking his head. "Snap out of it," I hit him on the face. He nods and begins moving to leave. I start following the way Hannah went with Josh. 

"Where are you going?" Mike asks. 

"To save Josh. I'm not letting him go. Not again," I shake my head. 

He opens his mouth to speak, but sighs. "I know arguing with you won't work. Just... Be safe, alright?" He says. 

"You too," I nod. "Here, take this," I hand him my shotgun. "What's left of the ammo is in it."

"What? Just leave you defenseless?"

"I know how to protect myself against these things. The Flamethrower Guy told Chris and I (ey, that rhymed). I'll be fine. Just go," We part ways and I begin following the screams and trails. I see a shadow move, so I freeze. I mumble Killer Queen to myself to keep from panicking again. After a moment, I keep walking, arms crossed in front of my body. I hear noise from behind me, so I turn around. Just then, a skinny Wendigo towers over me. It screeches in my face.

Relationships
Ashely: 8/10
Chris: 8/10
Emily: 6/10
Jess: 5/10
Josh: 9/10
Matt: 5/10
Mike: 5/10
Sam: 9/10

Traits
Honest:6/10
Charitable: 5/10
Funny: 4/10
Brave: 8/10
Romantic: 7/10
Curious: 6/10