《SECRET # 2: HE ALMOST SHATTERED MY DREAMS》

Today was the day. The most prestigious shool for music had finally opened its doors for all aspiring boys who were brave enough to chase their superstar dreams. The waiting hall of High Hopes Academy buzzed with excitement, but it could not cover up the tension that hung in the air. Auditionee #11's performance seemed to take forever.

Childhood best friends Andy Valencia and Daeniel Ramirez, who were wearing identical black leather jackets, slumped next to each other on the yellow plastic chairs. They went to the school at 4AM in the morning, and yet they still ended up at #23.

"Nubayan bro, tagal naman. Naiihi na ako. Samahan moko," Daeniel said.

"Bat kailangan pa akong sumama?" a grumpy Andy replied.

"Eh syempre di ko alam yung daan. Mabuti na yong sabay tayong mawala diba?"

"Clingy mo talaga noh." Andy rolled his eyes. "Tara na nga."

Five minutes had passed, but not a single comfort room was in sight. It was impossible not to get lost in High Hopes' labyrinth hallways. They turned another corner and saw a boy-a fellow auditionee by the looks of it-who had a cigarette between his lips. He wore a bright red hoodie with a big letter 'K' in front.

"Bro advice ko lang ha, kung ayaw mo maubo mamaya sa performance mo, itigil mo na yan," Andy remarked, his voice serious.

The boy smirked. "Who the f*ck are you to care?"

"O easy, easy. Magtatanong lang naman kami kung nasan yung CR," Daeniel interjected.

"Do I look like someone who knows?" he replied with a glare. "Get lost you two."

The boy started to walk out, but hungry, sleep-deprived, and pissed off Andy decided to trip him with his foot. He fell on all fours, and a second later, got up with an undeniable swag.

"You crossed with the wrong person." He winked and hurried away.

"Uhh, pa right lang yung CR," a timid boy in a varsity jacket said hesitantly. He was able to watch the whole scene.

Andy's expression softened. "Uy thanks, ha. Pangalan mo?"

They heard heavy footsteps approaching. Suddenly, a loud voice with an American accent called out: "Fourth? Who's Fourth M-M-Mowrillow?"

The timid boy raised his hand in surprise.

"Hey, they're looking for you, man. You're next."

"Hala uy? #13 na??!"

Fourth then scurried away towards the audition room. The American boy followed suit.

"Ah, magc-cr nga pala ako noh?" Dae said to break the silence.

Andy punched him lightly and laughed. "Dali na, 10 more to go turn na natin."

He and Dae went back to the waiting hall, only to find the arrogant boy they clashed with earlier occupying their seats. He smirked the moment he saw them.

"Hey you owe me. I looked after your bags, jerks."

Andy was about to retort angrily, but the Amboy they met earlier, who was seated near them, cut him short. "Quit it guys! You don't wanna start a mess in front of the directors, do you?"

"Bro, kalma na," Dae whispered to Andy, and together they picked up their bags and looked for other vacant seats.

Meanwhile, Fourth went out of the audition room, sweaty but smiling. The Amboy gave him a thumbs up, which he returned.

"Huy dala mo naman siguro yung USB diba?" Dae asked out of the blue.

Andy fished the USB out of his bag's side pocket. "Syempre naman, eto o."

He closed his eyes for a moment and drifted into a shallow, restless sleep. His dream was brutal and bloody. He was in the middle of punching the guy in the red hoodie when suddenly-

"Ramirez and Valencia? # 23?"

Andy stood up abruptly that his vision blackened for a moment. Together, he and Dae entered the brightly lit audition room. The four heads of the Academy were eagerly waiting.

"Take it away boys," Director Salvador said.

🎶Hey, girl, this yo song, let's see that badonkadonk🎶

Their eyes widened in disbelief.

"Wait po, Treasure po yung kanta namin."

"Hmm. Well, that Kael Constancia also performed this a while ago. But it's the only song in your flashdrive, Ramirez."

"Pero-"

Director Salvador sighed. "We've got a hundred more auditionees waiting outside boys. Perform this now or you lose your chance."

Andy and Dae looked at each other. They had to give it their best shot-ready or not.

Moments later after the claps and praises for their impromptu act, Andy and Dae found themselves in the cafeteria, eating their lunch at 4PM.

"Buti nalang talaga ang galing mong mag twerk! Hahahahah!"

"Loko toh. Kinapalan ko na mukha ko. Now or never yung kanina, p're."

Andy suddenly saw the guy in the red hoodie waiting in line to get his order. He shoved Dae's hand away as he tried to stop him from approaching the guy.

"Pinalitan mo ang USB sa bag ko," Andy said without question.

"So what if I did?" He smirked again.

For a moment, it was as if a dark shadow passed through Andy's usually dreamy eyes.

"Tatandaan ko 'tong araw na 'to, Kael."