《SECRET # 10: YOU LIVE UP OR YOU DIE》

It seemed just like yesterday when the Hopefuls of High Hopes Academy were only ordinary dreamers armed with nothing but pure talent and unwavering determination. Tonight, after a whole ride of challenges and learnings, tears and laughter, rivalries and friendships---five very lucky boys would say goodbye to their normal lives and instantly hop on to their new journey in the limelight.

The covered court of High Hopes was already jam-packed even at forty-five minutes before the Grand Reveal. The Hopefuls were asked to bring along their family members and even their would-be supporters. Huge banners bearing some of the Hopefuls names were visible even at the dim light. People from different media networks also had their cameras ready to launch and introduce the new group that will shake the nation, and the world. An eager reporter was now even starting to interview Samantha Amorganda, head of PHL Entertainment.

Andy, upon disentangling himself from his mom's last minute retouches of gel and glitter, went to the court's entrance to wait for his partner. Dae was unusually late tonight. As he neared the entrance, he found Director Salvador talking to Hero. He didn't mean to overhear their conversation.

"I knew your father well. Magkaklase kami nung college. If hindi siya...if hindi lang siya nawala...siguro isa rin siya sa mga directors ng Academy dahil sa exceptional music talent niya. Sigurado akong proud yun sa'yo," she said gently.

Hero smiled sadly. "Sana nga po."

"Wag kang mag-alala masyado. Cumulative naman ang final ratings. Hindi lang based sa last performance," Director Salvador assured him.

He only smiled again and suddenly noticed Andy. "Uy p're! Hinihintay mo si Dae?"

"Uy hi! Oo tagal eh!"

"O sya maiwan ko na kayo boys. Good luck!" Director Salvador waved them goodbye and made her way towards the stage.

"Thank you po!" They waved back.

"Sinong pupunta para sa'yo p're? Andyan ba si tita sa audience? Di ko napansin," Andy asked.

"Wala siya eh, hindi nakapag-leave sa trabaho. Pero si Thirdy nag-text. Baka raw makakahabol siya," Hero replied.

"Si Thirdy?"

"Oo."

"Paano ba kayo nagkakilala nun?"

"Naku, mahaaaabang kwento---"

"Hi guys!" Daeniel suddenly emerged behind them, his wavy hair tied back in a ponytail.

Andy and Hero looked at each other, and rolled their eyes in unison.

"Hay naku bro! Kaya pala ang tagal mo!"

"Dahil sa buhok?! Ako nga ang gulo ng akin eh!" Hero remarked, brushing his hair with his hand. His fingers got tangled in the messy curls.

"Naguluhan kasi ako kung tataliin ko ba o hindi. Nakapag-decide ako na taliin nalang para mas litaw na litaw ang kagwapuhan," Dae winked.

"GGSS kahit kailan," Andy commented. "Makakanood ba si Ianne?"

"Hindi eh, di pinayagan ng Kuya niya."

"As expected. Sayang naman."

"O ano? Tara na sa puwesto natin."

The three of them trooped towards the rows of chairs arranged for the Hopefuls on the side of the stage. Andy noticed Kael craning his neck as if looking for someone in the crowd.

"Bro. Hinahanap mo?" He asked.

"Uh, sina Xavier at Xander. Wala pa eh."

"Ah baka parating na yun."