《SECRET # 9: HER BROTHER IS MY RIVAL》

The hospital seemed to be Boyband Philippines' second home nowadays. Andy wondered if they should already get a reservation for a room just in case another B.P.H. member falls under the hands of that killer clown once again. Grief mixed with tiredness and frustration bubbled up inside of him.

"So ano? At last naniniwala na kayo?" Andy blurted out before being able to stop himself. He eyed his bandmates who were gathered around his hospital bed.

"Huy Andy, sabaw ka pa dahil sa dami ng pain reliever na pinainom sa'yo.." Dae replied, shaking his head at his bestfriend.

"Hindi ah, nasa tamang katinuan ako," Andy said, forcing his eyes to stay open. "So ano nga? Sa nangyari ngayon, tingin nyo ba ako pa rin yung nanakit kay Kael? Tingin nyo ba palabas lang lahat para malinis ang pangalan ko?"

"Dude, no. We're all sorry okay? Just focus now on getting better," Anthon replied.

Andy blinked weakly one last time before succumbing into deep slumber.

"Mali rin ang hinala mo, Dae," Fourth pointed out, his voice in a low whisper. "Hindi si Xavier ang nasa likod ng lahat ng ito.."

"Oo nga, mali nga ako. Kailangan na nating malaman kung sino bago pa mahuli ang lahat. May inosenteng buhay na na nadamay."

"Paano nga pala yun? Yung pamilya ni Mang Junior? Yung press? Yung fans?" Fourth asked anxiously.

"As far as I know, PHL is taking care of everything. Yung kay Mang Junior itatago lang siguro yun plus financial assistance na rin sa family. And ipapalabas na lang na Andy was injured sa practice. I mean sino pa ang pupunta sa shows natin if unfortunate events follow us diba? What with the music festival comin' up. News on Kael's horror chamber attack is still fresh after all," Anthon said.

"Asan nga pala si Kael?"

"Oh he's still with Xandra.."

"Ano bang nangyari kay Xavier? Kayo ang nakakita sa kanya diba?"

***

The morgue in the hospital's basement was getting creepier as the clock neared midnight. The staff already repeatedly told them to leave the place, but Xandra wouldn't budge. She stayed on her twin brother's side, holding his cold lifeless hand against hers. At least, she had stopped crying now.

Kael stared at Xavier's pale face. He looked so much like his twin sister that for one bizarre moment he thought that it was her who laid on that death bed. Kael shook the image from his mind and cleared his throat.

"Xandra, we should probably go. Wala ka pang kinakain since kanina. Magkakasakit ka nyan."

At that, she finally stood up, letting Xavier's hand go. She felt broken more than ever. Her other half had left this world. She'd never ever feel whole again.

"Let's go," she said, her voice hoarse from all the crying.

Kael clutched the recorder tightly with his right hand. He will give it to her later. For now, he'll let her grieve.

They quietly made their way up to the hospital's cafeteria which was just on the groundfloor.

"What do you want to eat?" Kael asked.

No response.

"Xandra.."

"Uh, anything will do. Kaw na bahala."

"O sige, upo ka na muna dyan."

Kael was falling in line near the counter when he suddenly saw a familiar face approaching. The girl must have also sensed that someone was looking at her. She glanced towards his direction and smiled.