《SECRET # 3: NO ONE KNOWS WHERE I WENT TONIGHT》

The night felt chillier for Kael as he and the mysterious clown got closer to the pitch-black Horror House at the far end of the carnival. From time to time, bloodcurdling screams rang from the chamber's interiors. Right at this moment, however, Kael felt that he was more up for the jumpscares rather than be with this eerie clown beside him. He had this strange feeling that it could sense his fear.

"Do not be afraid, Kael," the clown suddenly said. "There are far, far worse things than those mediocre props and prosthetics which can inflict fear in you."

The clown's creepy grin grew wider as those words left his mouth. Kael felt a chill run down his spine. What did he mean by that? he thought.

"Kayo lang po mag-isa, sir?" the attendant at the entrance asked, glancing hesitantly at Kael's eerie companion.

"Uh no, susunod yung tatlo ko pang kasama," he replied, not acknowledging the clown.

"Ok po, hihintayin nyo po ba sila?"

"No we won't," the clown said with quite too much force.

Kael and the attendant looked at each other. "Ah ok po. Sige pasok na po kayo. Pero paalala lang po, pag may biglang nagbukas na pinto, hindi na po yun part ng act namin. Kaya 'wag na 'wag po kayong pumasok."

Kael shrugged and entered the dark chamber in a rush, hoping to lose his companion along the way. But he was wrong. The clown was like his shadow, following every step he took, and laughing maniacally at every shout coming from the other people in the room with them.

A number of children were now crying and screaming for their parents, upon looking at the severed heads hanging from the ceiling. Girls clung to their boyfriends, and refused to look at the possessed girl banging her head repeatedly on the wall. A group of boys were making fun of everything they saw, in their attempt to feign bravery.

Kael's eyes searched the area for any escape route to get away from the clown, who was looking at everything with nothing but pure mockery. He was so absorbed on his surroundings that he almost slipped-there was some sticky substance all over the floor.

Blood? he shuddered. At the corner of his eye, he thought he saw the clown take something out of his pocket, but it was too dark to be able to make out what it was.

As if by some unseen force, a door to Kael's right suddenly creaked open. He chanced a quick look inside-the walls were blood red, and a white coffin lay discarded at the far end-before a heavy blow hit him at the back of his head.

"Sleep tight," the clown whispered.

***

Meanwhile, the 3/5 of B.P.H. were finally able to get away from the mob. The security personnel of City of Stars had calmed the crowd down. Everyone went back to their own business, and upon realizing that they still had an urgent matter to attend to, the boys screamed in unison.

"Si Kael!"

Headed by Fourth, the three of them sprinted towards the direction of the Horror Chamber, silently praying that their brother didn't meet a tragic fate.

***

A throbbing pain on his left cheek brought Kael back to his consciousness. His eyes adjusted to the darkness. He tried to get up and realized he was tied down. He sensed a movement of someone nearby.

"Good that you're awake. I want you to be awake when I slice your head off."

The clown's voice was now different. It no longer had the forced jolly tone earlier-it was now raspy and evil like a beast hungry for prey. But Kael could tell that this was not his real voice. Someone was hiding behind that painted face.