《FINAL CHAPTER: THE SECRET IS OUT》

Samantha, head of PHL Ent, stood staring at the towering billboard situated near the entrance of MOA Concert Grounds, smiling as she did so.

BOYBAND PHILIPPINES: THE COMEBACK CONCERT
08 • 11 • 17 | 7 PM

                              BOYBAND PHILIPPINES: THE COMEBACK CONCERT                                                            08 • 11 • 17 | 7 PM

OPEN AIR FOAM PARTY | MOA CONCERT GROUNDS
Bringin' summer to August!

Ako lang ba o sadyang nakatulong talaga yung lahat ng nangyari? Sam thought, smirking to herself. Hero Castillo, kung nasaan ka man, salamat. Thanks to you, Philippines is hungry for B.P.H. now more than ever. I must have awakened something in you that night.

***

Sam was watching keenly in the corner as the press crowded around the newly formed boyband, when someone suddenly caught her eye. Hero was attempting to exit quietly, even if he still was not able to properly say goodbye to his friends.

"Castillo?" Sam called out.

Hero looked towards Sam's direction, eyes slightly startled.

"Come here," Sam ordered, motioning for Hero to come to her, and the boy obliged.

"Aalis ka na? Di ka man lang ba magpapaalam sa kanila? Hindi ba best friends mo sina Andy?" She inquired.

"Ay hindi na po, nakakahiya busy na sila eh," Hero replied.

"Tell me, Castillo, what happened to you? You could have been up there with them you know. Magaling ka naman, I mean...genetically speaking, dapat magaling ka. Your father...and your brother, Harp. He was once under me. Star quality yung batang yun. Kaya I thought you'd really make it tonight."

Hero slowly clenched and unclenched his fists, fingers unconsciously rubbing the embossed scars from his childhood burns.

"Hindi po kasi naging maganda yung final performance ko. At tsaka baka bawal din po ang dalawang long hair sa iisang banda," Hero said jokingly despite himself, half-glancing at Daeniel.

"Well, I guess you have the talent, but not the consistency," Sam replied in a serious tone, ignoring the little punchline. "All we can do is hope na siguro naman darating lang ang panahon mo. Second chances aren't always promised, Castillo. Sometimes you have to give it your best shot the first time around."

Hero nodded.

"O sya. You may go."

"Have a good night, Miss Samantha," Hero said in a low, raspy voice.

Sam thought she saw Hero give a burning look at the five who were onstage, before he turned to go.

***