《SECRET # 8: HER HIDDEN REASON》

High Hopes Academy was noticeably more peaceful nowadays. What with the recent expulsion of its resident bad boy Thirdy Murillo. If anything good came from this, it was that Fourth was able to shine his brightest without any hindrance, and Hero was back in the comfort of his childhood friends. Not to mention that Andy and Kael were also now officially on speaking terms since the incident.

Loud buzzing filled their Homeroom. Andy's laugh can be heard amidst the din. Hero was shaking his head at Daeniel's joke. The Hopefuls were all absorbed in their own world, letting the time pass. Director Salvador was unusually late today.

"Di ba?" Dae managed to croak amidst his laughs. "Binato pa tayo ni Aling Nora nun ng sibuyas. Ang sintunado mo raw kasi. Nagising tuloy apo nya!"

Andy already couldn't breathe from laughter. He clutched at his ribs. "Hoy tama na Dae! Ang galing na kaya ni Hero ngayon!"

"Katahimikan."

The voice was filled with so much authority that all the boys suddenly fell into instant silence. Everyone craned their necks to look at the woman who just entered the room. Director Salvador was nervously trailing behind her.

"Hopefuls! I am Samantha Amorganda, Head of PHL Entertainment. Hindi na ako magpapaliguy-ligoy pa."

All the boys' eyes were glued on her. This woman didn't have to try hard to get their full attention.

"We did not build this school plainly to help a number of you achieve your dreams and be famous then earn well. Hindi kami charity."

"Miss Sam, I don't think-"

"Tumahimik ka," Samantha cut Dir. Salvador off. "They need to know what they're up against. After all, this is business."

The boys looked at each other in confusion.

"Okay, listen up. Sino dito ang nakakaalam kung anong banda ang pinakasikat ngayon?"

None of them responded.

"C'mon! Hindi ba kayo updated?"

Daeniel hesitantly raised his hand.

"Yes, Ramirez?"

Dae's eyes widened. How did she know? Sam only smirked.

"Uh..yung UNIT3D po ba?"

"Very good. Now let me tell you, boys. They are the very reason kung bakit kayo nandito. We will mold you to be better than them." She paused, then continued.

"We will train you well enough to bring them down."

Her statement has drawn gasps and confusion from the boys. Director Salvador was looking more and more uncomfortable.

"Wh-why does it have to be that way?" Anthon asked bravely.

"Business, Reyes. It's all about business."

Like Dae, Anthon also swallowed hard when the mysterious lady called him by his surname.

"So, I guess that's it? Mahaba pa ang araw para sa inyong mga dapat matutunan. Galingan nyo pa. Lalo't may napipinto ng top five," she said with a wink, and made her way gracefully towards the door.

***

Some of the boys lingered in the cafeteria after their classes. Some however, were dying to go home after a long day. Hero barely even said goodbye. Kael also left quickly because he'll be meeting up with a "friend."

"Ganun pala yun? Bakit may ganun?" Fourth asked Anthon for the sixth time. "At bakit parang kilalang-kilala nya kayo ni Dae?"

"You heard her. Business." His friend shrugged, downing the remaining spag in one gulp. "Well for your last question-I do not know."

"Uy narinig ko pangalan ko?" Dae was suddenly at Fourth's shoulder.

"Yeah we were just talking about how the hell did that Samantha know our names-"

"Tinatanong pa ba yan? Syempre baka kasama tayo sa top five! Di ba yun yung sabi nya?" Dae said cheerfully.

Andy hit him with the empty mineral bottle he was holding. "Hoy tumigil ka nga sa pagiging assuming dyan!"

"Hoy totoo kaya-"

"Hindi ba kayo nagdadalawang-isip sa pinasukan natin?" Fourth expressed his doubts. "Para kasing-"

"Alam mo wag mo na lang masyadong isipin yung sinabi ni Miss Sam. Ganun naman talaga, may kumpetisyon. Pero kung sakaling tayo sa top five, gagalingan natin para sa pangarap, hindi para sa ano pamang dahilan."

"Uy baka may pansarili siyang rason laban sa UNIT3D? May alam ka ba Dae?" Andy pressed on.

"Why would Dae know that?" Anthon wondered, now starting on his second slice of cake.

Andy smirked. "Kapatid ng lead singer dun ang girlfriend niya, si Ianne."

"Bulgaran talaga Andy?"

His friend only snorted.

"Anyway, wala akong alam. Di naman namin napapag-usapan yun ni Ianne."

"Naku Dae, pa'no pag tayo nga sa top five eh di magkalaban na kayo?" Fourth asked anxiously.

"Hay naku, Fourth. Ngayon pa lang na hindi ako B.P.H. kinamumuhian na ako nun. Paano pa kaya pag miyembro na kami ng magkalabang banda? Baka patayin na ako," Dae said, his voice filled with bitterness.