《SECRET # 12: WHAT I LOVE ALMOST KILLS ME》

Andy jerked awake from sudden loud whispers that filled his hospital room. From his blurry vision, he could only make out three silhouettes in the dark who looked like they were arguing with each other. He groped the bedside table for his phone and checked the time. It was 3:14 in the morning.

"Andy! You're awake!" Anthon said suddenly.

"Oo. Bakit di nyo binubuksan ang ilaw? Kumusta ang concert?" Andy asked, his voice slightly hoarse from sleep.

At that, Fourth clicked the light on. Anthon's eyes instantly fell on the basket of fruits beside Andy's bed.

"Uy those are a lot of fruits! Kanino galing? From fans?" Anthon asked, partly to change the topic. They still didn't know how to tell him about what happened to his best friend.

"Uh, hindi. Si Hero nandito kanina. Umalis din siya nung sinabi kong patapos na yung music festival kasi may makakasama na ako. Diba sabi ninyo diretso kayo agad dito after? Ang tagal nyo ata. Nakatulog tuloy ako," Andy explained.

He then looked around. "Asan nga pala si Dae?"

Fourth looked down. Anthon nudged Kael, who in turn cleared his throat.

"Andy. Si Dae..."

He looked at his bandmates in confusion. "Bakit??! Anong nangyari?"

"He...he was attacked. Right after our performance sa music festival, hinatid niya si Ianne sa bahay nila. Tas ayun, according sa security guard na nakakita, he was beaten up by a McDonald's clown. This must be the same one who did this to you...to us," Kael finished.

Upon hearing the unfortunate news, Andy immediately tried to get up and grab the crutches leaning on the side of his bed.

"Andy, wag na hindi mo pa kaya," Fourth said, trying to stop him from entirely getting up.

His face scrunched up in pain. "No, kailangan ko siyang makita."

"He's still asleep from all the pain relievers, Andy. So far, stable naman. The results of the x-ray showed jaw fracture na kaya naman through minor surgery. He'll be okay," Anthon assured him. "For now you should rest. We all should."

"That's right. I bet you also have received Miss Sam's text?" Kael asked.

"Anong meron?" Andy wondered as he scrolled through his phone. He found the message and the capital letters seemed to leap out at him from the screen.

URGENT MEETING 10 A.M. TOMORROW AT THE PHL ENT BLDG. BE THERE.

"We're so screwed, bro. Dae attempted to strangle Ian right before UNIT3D's performance last night. If a lot of people witnessed that, then the news might blow up anytime soon," Anthon replied.

"Kaya mabuti pang matulog na tayo. Mahaba pa ang araw bukas," Fourth remarked, yawning sleepily.

***

The four boys arrived at the PHL ENT BUILDING at exactly fifteen minutes before 10 a.m. The staff politely asked them to wait in a small cozy room first while they 'prepared.'

"Himala. Anong preparations ba ang kailangang gawin?" Andy asked. He was still obligated to come despite not having fully recovered from the injury. He slumped annoyingly on his wheelchair. "Wala pa namang nagbabantay kay Dae ngayon. Male-late daw si Hero eh."

"Si Ianne? Does she know?" Kael asked.

"I'm not sure. I believe they had a big fight din last night. But since the news on Dae's attack blew up, she might know by now," Anthon replied.