The Land of the Humans

It'd been a sunny day at Everglen.

Sophie was the one who brought up the idea of playing base quest.

As usual, Sophie's idea was invaded by danger.

Keefe struggled against the unknown attacker who stood behind him.  One strong arm was wrapped around his biceps and chest, while the opposite's hand held a sweetly scented cloth, covering his mouth and nose.

Granted, if Keefe hadn't accidentally stumbled into an unconscious Dex after Sophie stopped sensing his thoughts and sent everyone to go find him, there's a likely chance that he wouldn't be in this mess.

He especially wouldn't be wrapped up in some unknown attacker's arms if he hadn't left Ro by herself to search the grounds, insisting that he didn't need a bodyguard to find a clever technopath who was probably just hiding with his gadgets to protect him.

The more Keefe struggled, the more blurry his vision became, before everything turned dark.

'Keefe?  Keefe can you hear me?' 

.-.

"Keefe?" A familiar voice said, shaking him gently.

Stop. It hurts.

"Keefe?" It said again.

My head. It hurts. Stop.

As if the voice could read his mind, it only said one more thing before going quiet again. "I know. The headache is the worst part. It'll be gone in a few minutes." Whoever was talking then picked up his head with care and set it on their thigh, before beginning to softly play his hair.

A few minutes felt like a few hours, but soon Keefe's head began to clear. And with that, so did his senses. The first thing he noticed, other than the person cradling his head, was the uncomfortable thing his lower body was resting on. A bench, it must have been.  The bench felt a bit splintery.  Why did it seem to be made of wood and not some sort of fancy crystal?

The next thing Keefe took account of was the smell. The person who was holding him smelled like books and spices, which wasn't bad, if anything it was nice, but the air smelled polluted.  Awful.  It was as if gases and oils had taken over.

The sedative had made his mouth extraordinarily dry as well, but he managed to make it work. "Where are we?"

There was a movement from whoever was holding him, and Keefe realized it must have been a shrug as the other's confusion and stress grew. "I'm not sure. Somewhere in the forbidden cities."

That's when Keefe tried to sit up. 'Tried' being the operative word.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." The voice said, pushing him back down. "Don't get up so fast, it'll bring the headache back."

Keefe glared at the person's stomach. "You're Dex, aren't you?"

The other gave a gentle laugh. "Yes?"

"Dizznee, I'm going to murder you."

"And why's that?"

Keefe sighed and rolled over so that he could see Dex's face, along with the grey-blue sky above them. "Where are we?"

Dex's mood turned sad and the stress grew in power. "I'm not entirely sure.  I know it's a forbidden city but-"

"Wait, what?"  Keefe asked, ignoring the pain and shooting up immediately.  He wasn't stopped.

Dex jerked his head back before looking back up at the streets that were lathered with people. "Will you let me finish?"

"Uh, if what you're going to say ends with 'but I know how to get us back, Lord Hunky Hair.'"