The Enclave

Meerkat and Sunny swooped down, and walked in silence for a few minutes before Sunny began talking.

"Hey Meerkat?" Sunny started

Meerkat looked up. "Yeah?"

"What is the Enclave?" Meerkat started at the question

"Shouldn't you know Princess? We were organised by your mother, Queen Thorn."

"Really? She never mentioned you, but then again, I am always at Jade Mountain Academy, trying to crack down on the "More learning, less skipping class to go fight monsters from beyond" rule."

Meerkat laughed. "Then I guess we have more in common then I thought. The Enclave is pretty much a group for enforcing Queen Thorn's laws and keeping the peace."

"Hmm. Sounds like my job, except that you get to lock up dragons if they don't follow the rules. The only place I can lock my students is detention with Starflight." Sunny joked. Meerkat burst out laughing and they had to stop for a little while until he caught his breath.

"I can just imagine you grabbing a misbehaving student by the ear, dragging them into the library and locking the door." Meerkat chuckled

Sunny snorted with amusement. "I wish. Some of those SkyWings wouldn't even go to detention after they tried to drown a Seawing because they thought it was funny. I actually had to get Tsunami to herd them into the library, and Peril to stand outside the door and keep them in because Starflight wouldn't let her near his scrolls. She's pretty much banned from going near scrolls after she burnt down one of Starflight's personal bookshelves."

"Wow, Jade Mountain sounds exciting." Meerkat commented

"Don't worry, it's not that chaotic every day. Just every other day!" Sunny joked with a false peppy tone that made her sound like a one year old dragonet. Meerkat laughed again, and unconsciously put his wing over Sunny's shoulder as they walked up the path to the cottage she, Moon and Qibli were sharing. Meerkat dropped her off at the front door, which Qibli opened. His eye ridges raised slightly when he saw how Meerkat had his wing wrapped protectively around Sunny. Meerkat quickly realised what he was doing, and pulled his wing back to his side. Sunny shivered slightly at the air touching her back, cold in comparison to Meerkat's warm wing.

"Bye Sunny!" Qibli gave Meerkat a look. "Oh, um sorry, I mean goodbye Princess Sunny." Meerkat corrected, turning away with embarrassment.

"Wait!" Sunny called. Meerkat turned his head. "Can you come back and tell me when you find out who attacked me?" Qibli flared his wings in shock.

"Someone attacked you?!" He asked, yanking Sunny back inside.

"Oh, umm ok..." Meerkat trailed off, as Qibli closed and locked the door behind him. Meerkat sighed and walked off.