2. Later, Diana

Main Characters: Diana, Charles, William, Henry, Eulilia

P.O.V: 3rd

Credit: Myself

Side Note: This takes places before Diana's death, so everyone is obviously younger

-----

It was Christmas in the year of 1996, and Diana had taken her three children on a picnic like she had the year before. They were all seated on a red and white checkered rug, except for the youngest, Princess Eulilia, who had recently discovered walking, and would never sit down.
The children's mother looked at her kids with love. How did she get so lucky? Eulilia had spotted a flower and squatted down to pick it. She smiled in satisfaction as she waddled back over to her mother and gave her the flower.
Diana thanked her, causing the young girl to grin. She was always a happy child.
The orange-haired boy then claimed he was hungry. When wasn't he? His mother reached into the woven picnic-basket and pulled out some sandwhiches that she had prepared.
Seeing the food, the young girl sat on the blanket, making a grabbing motion toward the food.
Diana let out a soft chuckle and passed the girl a sandwhich which she happily accepted.
She ate the food quickly, wanting to explore. She slowly stood up and walked toward a small pond.
"Don't go too close," Diana warned. "You might fall in."
The toddler understood what her mother said and cautiously walked around it, watching the small fish swim in circles.
She soon got bored of the creatures and started walking toward her family. She was half-way there when she tripped over a rock, causing her to fall over. Tears brimmbed in her eyes and she stuck her bottom lip out. Diana looked up from where she was playing 'I-Spy' with her sons, and spoke up.
"Don't cry Lilia. Stand up and brush it off." The one-year-old sat stubbornly on the ground, her arms folded.
She sighed. "Come on Lili, you're alright. Come here."
Again, the child sat there, pouting, her blonde hair all messed up. She heard a chuckle from behind her, so she turned around, finding her father walking up to her.
"Dada!" She squealed, waddling over to him like nothing happened.
Charles pick her up. "Hello Petal."
Eulilia wrapped her short arms around his neck as he walked over to the picnic mat. He placed her next to her mother.
"Have you come to join us?" William asked, hopeful.
Charles solemnly shook his head. "Sorry son, I have work I have to do." He started to walk toward his office.
"Really Charles? Yoy can't even spend two minutes with your children?" Diana asks, bewildered.
"Later, Diana. I have important duties to attend to." With that, Charles stalks away, leaving his family behind.
"More important than your own kids." Diana muttered quietly, though not quiet enough for William to miss it. The boy embraces his mother in a hug while Harry watches his retreating father, a dissapointed look in his eye.
The boys were old enough to understand what was going on, but Eulilia? She didn't have the slightest idea.

-----

A/N

Okay. One-year-old Lili is adorable

Bye