[4]

Percy knocked on madam's bedroom door; he would be moving out the next day and mustered up the courage to ask her about today's earlier thoughts.

She seemed to stumble getting out of her bed, slipped on her robe, then opened the door.

"Sorry, did I wake you ma'am?"

"No dear, I just laid down it's ok." She smiled weaker than normal, Percy noticed and thought to himself.

'Could it be his return?'

"So? What do you want?"

"Oh, sorry. I've been zoning. Can I talk to you madam?"

She was stunned, he'd never asked anything like this before.

"S-sure! Come in here."

She walked and sat on her bed, patting the surface next to her.

"Thank you."
There was a moment of silence and nervousness for Percy. He spoke slowly

"Did my mom and dad really hate me? Were they traitors?"

"Honey I-"

"No! What I really want to ask is.. are we the bad guys? Could the dark lord really be ba-"

Hecate began to cry.

"How... how could you say that baby? He's done so much, he healed Peter Pettigrew, h-he.." She began to sob in anger and a deep sadness Percy couldn't understand. "HE TOOK YOU IN! HE LOVES US! HE PROTECTED YOU. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? I WISH I COULD TELL YOU YOUR PARENTS HATED YOU OR WERE TRAITORS BECAUSE IT'S HARDER TO KNOW THEY LOVED YOU AND WEREN'T AND DIED. THEY WERE KILLED, YOU WERE ALMOST KILLED TOO! BUT OUR MASTER- OUR KIND MASTER- HE! HIM. HE HELPED YOU! SAVED YOU FROM THAT DUMBLEDORE. AND YOU DOUBT HIM? BABY PLEASE." She wiped the oncoming tears and spoke calmer. "Baby I love you. You're 14 now. You should know better. Besides I-" she paused in thought and began to sob in further pain. "I... would..nt hurt you.. I-I...wouldn't lie... t..to you.."

  Percy began to hug Hecate. "I'm so sorry m-madam.." He began to cry. "I..I'll never doubt him or you again."

She embraced him back, sobbing even harder. "Please.. Harry... He is the.. true e..evil o.one... Please.. kill him.. for ...m..mad..am and us ok?"

"Yes. I hate him more than ever. I'm sorry madam.. I'm so sorry. I promise. He'll die."

"My good boy.. thank you. Go to bed now honey. You go to bed. You need to start packing early tomorrow since you're gonna live with our master."

Percy pouted, not wanting to leave her. "But-"

"I'll miss you too. But you need to be trained by him to kill Harry for us. Ok?"

"Fine, I'll murder the damn bastard!"

"Language."

"Sorry!"

"It's ok."Hecate giggled.
Percy left the room, his confusion still there, but pushed and condensed to an empty space in his brain. Silent now.

Hecate began to sob. Words repeated relentlessly in her head.

'I'm so sorry. I have to do it...'