[22]

He felt as though his body was betraying him, the pain was pulsing through his veins as he lay helpless on the ground. The only reason he was still alive was the fact that Neville wasn't very sneaky.

He felt arms grab onto him and pull him over to a wall, his body resting against it as he was sitting up. His vision was blurring, but when he finally could make out what figures were what, he realized Ron and Hermione had taken him there. They stood over him with worried faces.

"You alright?" Ron asked, noticing the way Percy was gazing at them.

"I've been better.." Percy sighed, looking over at the commotion. "What're we gonna do?"

Harry and Neville were fighting against Voldemort and Nagini, and it wasn't looking good.

"I don't know." Hermione sighed, her voice shaky. Her grip on her wand was tight, like at any moment she'd break it. "I.. don't know.."

"It'll be fine Hermione, we need to go help."

"I know, but we can't just leave Percy here!" She whisper-yelled, causing Ron to frown.

"I know, but he can handle himself just fine. If we don't step in, they'll die."

"Just go." Percy finally said, not wanting them to argue anymore. "I'm starting to feel better, so it'll be fine if you choose to help."

Hermione looked at Percy nervously before looking at Ron, "Fine, let's go."

Ron gave Percy a half-smile before running into the action with Hermione.

He sat helpless, wanting desperately to help. A broken piece of glass was on the ground, he looked at himself in it. He looked like a mess, dirt all over him and bags clear under his eyes. He wanted to sleep, but he knew that wasn't an option. He had to help.

He put his hands on the ground and began to stand up, his arms and legs were shaking but he ignored it and continued.

He tried not to think about how Voldemort had used an unforgivable curse on him; he'd only remember the many times he'd use them on innocent people as a kid. He realized then how much he'd changed, how much those three teenagers affected him.

He couldn't just sit there feeling bad for himself. He stood himself up, relying on the wall to keep him from falling.

It was four against one, he thought that they'd be winning, but somehow that wasn't the case. Hermione and Ron were trying to help Neville, who was being targeted by Nagini. Voldemort was battling Harry still, but Percy noticed how Harry's movements were getting slower and slower. He was exhausted, his muscles were no doubt in pain.

Percy let go of the wall, steadying himself on the ground. He had no other choice, helping Harry was his only option. One foot in front of the other, steady speed, he couldn't afford to fall again. Eventually, the pain was gone and he felt fine again.

But Harry was disarmed by Voldemort, and the snake-of-a-man took his opportunity, raising his wand and prepared to say the curse that he loved so much.

Percy found himself in a rush of adrenaline, he began running over to Harry. He didn't even glance at the three that were fighting Nagini. He was sure they'd noticed what happened, they had to have.

"The child born with the eyes of the sea will be destined to fight the child born as the seventh month dies."

"You see Harry, I always win." Voldemort began to laugh, and started to cast the spell at Harry.

"One will die by the other ones hand or by fault."

Time began to slow, Percy rapidly approaching the scene. Harry finally noticed Percy, his eyes going wide and he started to shout for Percy to stop. Neville still focused on fighting Nagini, but Hermione and Ron has noticed the situation, and their faces paled.