[15]

Ron thought the whole 'befriending' Percy thing was a terrible idea, but Harry was sure of his decision, and who was Ron to argue? Harry had a lot of good ideas, and yeah, bad ones too; but things still worked out pretty well for them.

Ron sat in the common room as Harry and Hermione talked to Percy about their lives. Ron stayed silent and listened, everyone knew about the Weasley family, what was there to say? His father was figuring out the use of a loofah? Boring.

"So what about your parents, Percy? What do they do for a living?" Harry asked. Ron wanted to roll his eyes, obviously Percy would lie. Percy was a deatheater, so his parents probably were as well, if he had parents.

"My Mum is a writer, and my Dad is a.. well actually I don't know.." Percy's brows furrowed, "I don't see him very often."

Ron hid a smirk, of course he couldn't come up with a lie for his father.

"What about your parents?" Percy asked to Harry and Hermione.

Harry frowned, "My parents are dead, actually. I thought everyone knew about that, seeing as it was this tragic thing.."

Percy frowned, but Ron noticed a look of understanding in Percy's eyes. He mentally slapped himself, Percy was a deatheater, how could he possibly understand?

"My parents are dentists." Hermione said with a bored gaze in her eyes. She wasn't fond of talking about her parents' career. They were muggles after all, everyone gave her hell for it.

"That's cool, probably takes a lot of studying for that job." Percy commented.

Hermione shrugged, "Well, I guess so.. I've never really asked my parents about the college for it."

A look of distress came over Percy's face, he suddenly stood up and ran out of the room. Ron didn't follow him, but Harry hesitantly stood up and ran after him.

Harry was worried about his new friend, although Harry knew Percy's secret, he couldn't help but feel bad. Percy didn't seem to want to be a death eater, in fact, whenever Harry hung out with Percy he always noticed genuine joy.

Percy had ran into the bathrooms, which were empty. Harry ran in after him.

"Is everything alright?" Harry asked, concern clear in his voice.

Percy sighed, he couldn't do it anymore. Maybe it was the pain of his dark mark or the fact that he began to hate Voldemort, but he had to betray Madam Red, the deatheaters.. Voldemort...

"Harry.. I can't.." Percy sat down, leaning against the wall.

"Can't what?" Harry stepped closer, kneeling down to look at Percy. He saw pure desperation, and frowned.

"I can't do it anymore.. I can't hate you.. I can't do what I've been doing my whole life..." Percy muttered, tears began to stream down his face.

Harry frowned, "What are you saying?"

Percy closed his eyes. His heart was beating rapidly, he almost couldn't bring himself to do it.

Percy slowly lifted his sleeve to reveal the dark mark, Harry just sighed.

"I know about that, I've known for a while." Harry sat down in front of Percy, not knowing if Percy would be upset.

Percy looked up, "How? And also, why befriend me? To gather intel?"

"You have the same scar as a deatheater we saw last year... and, at first it was to help you.. but then... I started to think of you as a friend." Harry decided not to mention the prophecy, he didn't think Percy would react fondly to being in it.

"My task was to kill you, Harry. Why be my friend?"

"Because I'm still alive, aren't I? I know if you wanted to, you had many chances to kill me. But here I am."

Percy sighed, "I need to warn you... next year, Voldemort is planning to attack the school, with a whole army of deatheaters.. you need to prepare.. Voldemort is realizing I'm betraying him and he's taking me away to who knows where.. he's probably already killed my guardian..."

"What about your parents?" Harry asked.

"They're dead, they've been dead." Percy frowned, "Voldemort told me Dumbledore killed them, but I'm starting to think it was Voldemort himself. Dumbledore wouldn't do such a thing..."

Harry nodded, "Dumbledore is the most brilliant Professor I know, although he's headmaster. Anyways, he wouldn't kill your parents."

Percy smiled, "It was nice being your friend, Harry..."

"You're acting like you're dying." Harry pointed out.

Percy frowned, "We won't see each other for a while. I'd say a year. I'm guessing Draco snitched, as was his job."

"Draco.. he's interesting, isn't he?" Harry spoke, "Draco and I don't get along very well, never had. I don't regret not being his friend, I have Ron and Hermione, as well as Ginny, Neville, and Luna. I wouldn't have befriended them if I was stuck being Draco's friend."

"Yeah? I see.. speaking of Draco.. he's.. he has been tasked to kill D-" Percy suddenly started disappearing, Voldemort had summoned him fourth.

Harry watched in sadness as his newly acquired friend vanished, and started to walk back to his other friends.

"Kill who?"

Mega oof my friends, mega oof. By the way, if you didn't catch on, Draco was the one who overheard Percy's mental breakdown, and snitched to Voldemort.

Now what'll happen? Ha I'm so excited to write the next few chapters, but I have an actual job so I won't have much time to write it, sadly...

The one and only,
             Juliet_Nebula