[21]

Percy opened his eyes to see Voldemort's wand on the ground and his hand no longer on Percy's neck. When he looked over, Harry was running over to him, out of breath and determined.

"What're you doing Harry? You're going to get yourself killed!" Percy yelled at the boy, but Harry continued running towards him.

"Have you ever considered me a friend?"

That made Percy think, did he ever consider anyone a friend? The memories were still coming back to him, but he did remember he felt as though Harry was like a friend to him, so he supposed the answer was yes.

"I think so."

"Then you're my friend, and I can't let you die." Harry stated, grabbing Percy's arm and running away from Voldemort.

"What's the point of running, he'll just try and kill us while our backs are turned." Percy mumbled as Harry and him hid behind a wall.

"It buys us some time. We have the advantage here, there are two of us and one of him. We can outsmart him if we work together." Harry explained, watching as Hermione and Ron ran up to him.

"Percy? What's he doing here?" Hermione asked, still not fully trusting of the former deatheater.

"He's good Hermione, he realized that he wasn't on the side of the good guys. He wants to help in any way he can."

"Do you know any way to kill that snake?" Ron asked Percy, realizing was no time to stall.

"Nagini? I'd say decapitate her, that way she can't come back to life somehow. But that'd mean getting close to Voldemort, and in that time he'd be able to kill all of us." Percy explained, imagining the scene in his head. He couldn't see how they could win, sure they had the advantage in numbers, but not the skill and bloodlust. "We need to outsmart him in a way that'll kill him. We need to kill Voldemort as well, immediately after killing Nagini. That's his last horcrux, right?"

Harry nodded, "You know of the horcruxes?"

Percy smirked, "I do my research, when I was locked in Malfoy manor, I'd sneak into their library and read up on useful information. I stumbled across a book about Voldemort and what he'd done, your story was in there, as well as my parents'."

"I see, well all the other horcruxes have been destroyed, so killing Nagini will allow us to kill Voldemort. I say we act as a distraction while someone beheads Nagini. Voldemort will immediately attempt to kill us, so we need to act fast." Hermione spoke.

"Who'd be the best distraction?" Ron inquired, showing he wasn't fond of it being him.

"I will, I have questions for him." Percy volunteered, standing up and taking out his wand. "Besides, he trained me to be like him, I can keep up with his spells."

"Good idea." Harry smiled, "Good luck."

"Wait." A voice whispered from behind them, they all turned to see Neville Longbottom, his face bleeding and his limp still present. He was in rough condition, but he still wanted to help.

"Neville?" Percy mumbled the name, as if he were an old friend. Though Neville was not an old friend, merely an acquaintance.

"You guys will need this." Neville held out the sword of Gryffindor, but Harry frowned.

"How about you kill Nagini? The sword has shown you're worthy, I think it's best to listen to it."

Neville nodded

"Well, I suppose we can't stall anymore. Let's go." Hermione sighed.

Percy nodded and walked around the corner, seeing the snake-like man sneering at him.

"Perseus, come to die like your parents?" The words fueled Percy's anger, he wished he'd be able to kill Voldemort, but that was Harry's glory, not his.

"How could you kill them? I grew up forced to believe every lie you and Madam Red told me, and yet now you proudly gloat about murdering my parents?!"

Voldemort held up his wand and smirked, "I only lied because I needed you on my side, now you are no more than dirt. Useless. I no longer need you, because in the end I'll get what I want."

Percy raised his want as well, and blocked the killing curse Voldemort sent his way. It kept on like that, Percy being too focused to make any witty comments, and Voldemort too filled with bloodlust to care. Percy noticed the four teens behind Voldemort, and pretended to have never seen anything. Nagini was slithering beside Voldemort, so Percy needed to divert his attention somewhere else.

"How can you be so cruel? Killing people like they're just mere insects?" Percy asked, wanting to know how Voldemort's mind worked.

"I am enlightened, I know that I am above all these spares, they stepped out of line and so they need someone to put them in their place."

"Sounds like you need to be put in your place." Percy muttered, firing the cruciatus curse at Voldemort, who dodged it by firing it at Percy. Percy didn't dodge it in time, and was put in immense pain. Voldemort grinned maliciously and stepped forward, watching Percy writhe in pain on the ground.

"It could've been painless if you'd cooperate, pity."

The snake was now separated from Voldemort's side, unmoving. Voldemort was distracted, though he was busy attempting to murder Percy, he still let his guard down.

Neville quietly approached the snake, who noticed and hissed loudly, causing Voldemort to turn around. He now was focused on killing Neville.

"Ah, I remember you." Voldemort hissed. "It'll be amusing to kill you."

Neville frowned, clutching the sword tighter. The snake had retreated back to Voldemort, no longer in his reach. The plan was going terribly.

———————————————————————————

I originally wrote this chapter as the ending, but I felt like I rushed it too much and decided to rewrite it. This story might be finished next chapter, or the chapter after that. We'll see.

Until then, try and guess the ending if you want. I wanna know where you all think this story is going.

Until next time~