Chapter Eight Layla's POV

A few days gone by since I woke up in the infirmary. Valentina hasn't tried to kiss me or anything, which (I won't ever admit to her or anyone) bugged me. I longed for her every second of every day. She was in my dreams and thoughts. Uggh!!! Why am I becoming such a sappy mess over her?!?! I never experienced this before. Why now?!? Especially right before classes start!?! It doesn't matter anyway. She obviously was only curious about me, nothing more. My inner demon seemed to disagree but I ignored her. She was just a emotional bitch with too much to say. She growled in response to that.

"Layla, come on we have to go." Val voice hollered from the bathroom. I had 9th realm history. Mr. Lennon seemed to be a good teacher but a little too easy-going for my taste. After a few moments, I get up and ready for another day at the Academy of the Gifted. Thankfully, at this school there was no uniforms or unnecessary restrictions on clothing. I've actually seen a quite a few cross-dressers here and let me say this, they look fabulous. Especially, Richard (a.k.a Rochelle). She is an African American beauty with long, curly hair put into a stylish high ponytail, red full lips, and often clad in stunning blue dresses. The two of us shared Strategizing 101 and Ability training as classes so naturally seeing we are both hot girls we became best friends.

"Layla, I swear if you don't hurry up I'm going to literally put your clothes on for you and drag you to class!!! So bitch I suggest you better be done soon." I sigh. I was seriously contemplating whether I should just wait for her to follow her threat through. God damn, what is wrong with me?! Maybe if I kiss her again I'll find out if what I'm feeling is lust or just-just lov-more than lust. As soon as I finished my makeup, Val walked in. "Good, you're done. Now let's..." Her voice trailed off as I stepped closer and to her. I tilted my face upwards so I could get a good look at her. Her perfect green eyes kept glancing down to my lips.

Silently, I cupped her face with my hands and pressed my lips softly and firmly against hers. The taste of her raspberry lipgloss was driving me wild. Valentina returned the kiss with equal passion, our lips moving in perfect sync. Soon enough, my legs were wrapped around her waist and I was pressed against the wall. Before we could go any further, she pulled back. Val looked dazed and slightly confused. She mumbled something incoherent and quickly let me down. After that, she left the room without another word. Hurt flashed throughout my body. Hell yeah, I'm in love with her and she just left me here panting out of breath and really turned on like nothing happened.