Chapter Five Valentina's POV

Layla stared at me wide-eyed. What the hell was I thinking!?! You don't kiss someone you just met! Even though they get your inner wolf turned on and practically yelling mate at the top of their lungs. Within seconds, Layla stood up and ran out the door at lightning fast speed.
"Ugh, what am I gonna do now?" I sigh. I just scared off a girl that I am already starting to like. God, I don't even know if she likes girls.
"You should follow her and tell her you're sorry." My wolf advised. Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I get up and head out the door searching for my potential mate.

......................................
(Layla's POV)

I didn't get time to memorize the map of the school so I pretty much was blindly running to nowhere. I somehow ended up in a garden. It probably was beyond gorgeous but I was running to fast to tell. All of a sudden, I crashed into something-or should I say someone. I collapsed on top of the person which I have identified as male and extremely strong. I tilted my head so I could get a good look at the person I ran into. It was Drake.
"Oh god, I am so sorry. I should have paid attention to where I was going." I apologized, awkwardly getting off of him. He gets up and wipes dust off a him.
"No, it's fine, um Layla is it? I should have jumped out of the way. You seem upset." He says with concern in his eyes. He touches my arm and with the other hand brushes my hair out of my face. Oh god, I must look like a wreck.
"Honestly, I'm not that upset. More like confused." I tell him honestly.
"Want to tell me about it?" He asks. Part of me felt that I could tell him anything, the other part nagged me saying I should just go back to Val.
"Well, um-" I was suddenly cut off by someone putting a possessive arm around my shoulder. I looked up and saw my roommate glaring at Drake.
"Hello Drake." She practically growls. Her eyes turned dark and angry. I looked back at Drake to see he was smiling sweetly back at her.
"Oh Valentina, what a pleasure to see again. I see you know Layla. Isn't she adorable?! How's your mother, you slut?" He replied his tone sugar-coated. I clenched my fists when he called me adorable. What happened to that sweet, concerned guy a second ago? Something seemed to snap inside Val and all of a sudden, there was a huge, red wolf launching herself at Drake. I was frozen in place and all I could hear was the sound of a blood-curdling scream.