Layla's beginning

I was doing my daily routine when the letter came. Getting up, taking a shower, dressing up, eat breakfast, etc. I was in the middle of trying to brush my unruly, ebony hair when my mother called me. It was such a dark brown most people who see me think of it black. After a few more strokes of my brush I placed it on my bathroom counter and raced down the stairs. My mom sounded excited as she squealed through the family mind link for everyone to come downstairs to the living room. Everyone in my family are demons including myself. We aren't evil if that's what you're thinking. There are three types of demon:
White demon- the are demons that help an guide those who need it. The soldiers of the light. Angels if you will.
Black demon- a demon that spreads darkness and destruction. They are the reason of rapist, thieves, murderers, and etc. (there are other names for these two types of demons but this was the most simple way to put it. Believe me I'm not racist)
Revolutionary demon: a demon that has both type of demon blood or is only partial demon.

Anyway, I'm a revolutionary demon and the rest of family is white demon. My mother was raped by a black demon during the War of all Races. She doesn't talk about it but I can plainly see the shame and pain she feels whenever someone brings up the topic. Especially around her husband and mate. Moving on, after a few moments the living room is full of all my family members. So that includes my Aunt Patricia, Uncle Aden, Mom, Dad, and other stray demons that we took in after the war. My mother waited until all of us were seated and silent before speaking.
"Layla your letter from The Academy is here." She announced with prideful eyes. In her hand was a professional looking envelope with my name and address. With shaky hands I took it. I look at each family member nervously. I lock eyes with my mom and she gives me a reassuring nod. Taking a breath, I slowly opened the letter.
"Dear, Layla Reynolds we are proud to inform you that you have been accepted to The Academy of the Gifted!!" I screech excitedly. No sooner did I say that I was assaulted by hugs and cheers. I can't believe I made it!!!