Chapter 16

(Still in Valentina's POV)

Miss Ria handed me the other cup of chai before sitting down, signaling for me to do the same. In her hands appeared another cup of vanilla chai sprinkled with cinnamon. Taking a sip, a patiently waited for her to begin.

"So, when you say Miss Layla's demeanor changed, what do you mean by that?" She asked after a moment of silence. I sigh sadly, remembering how broken my mate looked.

"She's depressed..I came back from a run to see her sobbing her eyes out. It nearly broke my heart. She looks..so... empty.." I told her, downcast. Miss Ria placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"You really do care for her, don't you?" She sighed. I nodded my head yes. I.. love..her. Layla is my world now, I can't lose her like this..

"Then, I have no choice put to tell you." She muttered to herself. Miss Ria's eyes became a bright amber color as she looked me in the eyes. Her gaze no longer fun-loving and carefree. They looked old and tired.

"I'm going to die one day relatively soon and Layla is my replacement until I reincarnate and take back the throne." She informed me gravely. Miss Ria is going to die soon..how???

As if reading my mind, Miss Ria began speaking once more, "I can not reveal the future to you, but just know that you must make sure to take good care of Layla. She needs someone to comfort her and show her that she is valuable. She is important. Yes, I may die, but that doesn't mean her soul needs to die with me. Be there for her. She is your mate after all." Tears sprang into my eyes. I must go back to my mate. Miss Ria gently shooed me out of her abode with a sad smile. Before I left, I heard heard Miss Ria whisper.

"I'm so sorry Layla.."

Pretending I didn't hear her, I ran back to my dorm. Layla needs me..
................................................................
(Ria's POV)

"Blake, you can come down now.. I heard you walk back to the top of the stairs." I called out. I heard slow footstep go down the stairs and towards the couch. I look up to see Blake's face grim.

"You're...dying??" He asked, his voice lowering. Shakily, I nod my head. Wordlessly, my dear friend sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I rested my head on his shoulder as I felt tears fill my eyes.

"Marcy..is the reason you wanted me to come over today?" He questioned sadly. I quickly tried to dry my eyes before speaking.

"Yes... I wanted to tell you that our time is limited now. That yes, I am dying soon, however it does not mean I'm going to sulk around until I die. I want live to the fullest before I go. So I called my bestie over to celebrate my life. along with a few others of course." I told him. He regarded me with a smile.

"Well, if we are going to celebrate where are the people and the alcoholic drinks??" He replied. I chuckled.

"They are on their way, mister and I'm a teacher!! I can't get drunk tonight!"

"You're no fun", he whined. I shake my head, still laughing. I heard repeated knocks at the door. Breeze appeared by my side. Blake jumped back.

"Stop doing that!" He yelled at her. Ignoring him, she walked with me to answer the door. As soon as the door was opened I was assaulted by hugs.

"Oh my god, hi guys!" I yelled. In front of me was my friends/family Elizabeth, Emerald, Celestial, Matthew, Dom, Castiala, Lucifer, and Malus.

"Hello, everyone. you're all fashionably late. Even Blake got here before you!" I joked. A chorus of gasp were heard as I led the group to the living room. Blake's mouth was agape as he looked around.

"The room got bigger!" He exclaimed. A few chuckles were heard behind me.

"Blake, you have to get used to magic. since our family is filled with it... I just expanded the room so all of us would fit comfortably. Also, as you see, added more furniture." Blake just rolled his eyes his eyes in response. Breeze smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Well, let the party begin." She announced dramatically.