Chapter 9: The Brunch of Forgiveness

A/N: omg im actually so excited about the Hermione thing that I decided to publish TWO parts today bc im going to publish two tomorrow as well, which focus mainly on hermione :))

i felt like the story was kinda running out of steam and no one seemed interested but i guess not lol

the two parts that are coming tomorrow were meant to be part of one big chapter but since the chapter would have been nearly 700 words long, i decided to chop it up. (also something HUGE happens and it wouldn't have been fair to cram it into one chapter ;)

ALSO, go check out  QueenOfShipping2017 dramione fanfic its sooo good omg 

ok enough is enough here is the chapter :))

--

When Draco walked downstairs, he found Hermione wearing a turquoise summer dress, putting daisies in her hair, which was plaited down her back. "Wow," Draco said. "You look great."

Hermione smiled and brushed a speck off of his navy button down. "You don't clean up so bad yourself," she said. "Oh-ho, cheeky!" He exclaimed. Hermione laughed. "Race you there," she said, disapparating.

Draco, smiling, focused hard on the Burrow; the mental image of it bathed in sunlight, a proper wizarding home, with its cozy main room, and soon found himself on the edge of the lawn.

He couldn't help gasping at the sight of the Burrow. Mrs. Weasley had set out a long wooden table with fairies in lights, flowers, and streamers. It was beautiful. Upon his arrival, Weasleys swarmed Draco.

"Cheers, mate," Ron greeted him, pumping his hand enthusiastically. Mrs. Weasley hugged him and thanked him profusely, and Mr. Weasley did as well. After the rest of the Weasley's greeted him, Draco shook hands with George. "Thank you," George whispered to him quietly. Draco nodded.

They all sat to eat, talking and laughing and enjoying the delicious meal. Draco had never felt more relaxed in his life. As he looked around, surveying the scene, he was content.

Ron had his arm draped over Hermione and they were both laughing and happy, chatting with Harry and his fiancee, Sophia Robin, or soon-to-be Sophia Potter. Mrs. Weasley was fussing over George, and Mr. Weasley was deep in conversation with Bill. Ginny was laughing uproariously with the rest of the Weasley boys, and Draco sat back, smiling. All was well, all was well.