10-A bussiness proposal

Hana's POV

I was called by dad into his office. He stated, "There's a formal letter for you." I gently nodded and rolled until I was in front of his desk. He passed me an envelope, "Open it." I gently opened the seal on the letter an M. I gently tugged out the paper. I bet it's about the hospital wanting me to come back.

I gently slide the paper out of the envelope. He stated, "Read it and tell me what it is." I pulled the paper out and extended it out in front of me. I closed my eyes then opened them again looking down at it.

'Miss Hana Ootori,

You are by no means forced to accept this. Yet this is a hopefully a beneficial engagement proposal to you. The first son of the Morinozuka family has expressed an interest to be engaged to you. Takashi is a person of high physical attributes and intellectual talents. We have the belief that you would match these pursuits. Making a successful gain to each of our enterprises. That is why we extend this proposal to you. Please inform us about your decision.

Sincerely, Akira Morinozuka
Takashi Morinozuka'

I looked across the table and my blue-grey eyes locked with Dad's eyes. I let out a faint breath, "Father..." He responded, "Yes?" I let out, "It is an engagement proposal." He lightly smiled, "Oh, who is it?" I felt a light smile grace my face, "It's the oldest son of the Morinozuka family, Takashi Morinozuka. He's in class 3-A at my school."

He stated, "The eldest Morinozuka, aren't you lucky. That's an amazing business proposal in a way. I'll write the response letter and print it out for us to sign. You are accepting." I gently nodded, "Alright father." I would've accepted but you didn't even give me a choice.

I heard as he typed on his laptop. After he finished and printed it he signed it. I read it then signed it myself. I guess this sealed my fate with Mori... It feels like I barely hear him talk even. Dad said that this marriage proposal was just like a business proposal. All he sees out of this is business.

-----

Mori's POV

I opened the mail expectantly on Wednesday. Then again on today after I got home. Yet I didn't see a single letter from the Ootori's. I let out a sigh going into the house and up to my room. I waited as the hours ticked by until it became 5 pm.

I heard a knock at my door and answered it. Dad smiled, "Takashi good news. They said yes." I felt a light smile grace my face, "That's great." He handed me a letter. In neat cursive, it said, 'To The Morinozukas' I nodded. He said, "You keep it, it's yours now."

I headed deeper into my room after closing the door I sat down at my desk. I turned it around to see pale ivory wax dripped then sealed with an ornate letter O. I carefully opened it then unfolded the paper gently.

'Dear Morinozukas,

We are very delighted about your proposal. We wish to officially accept the engagement. We understand how it's beneficial and there is much to gain. We also like the kindness within your offer. So we agree with the factor that Hana and Takashi could complement each. While there is also a benefit to our businesses. I hope that this proposal makes us both prosperous. Let's go over this proposal and officially set it up sometime next week.

-Yoshio Ootori
Hana Ootoi'

I gently ran my finger across Hana's cursive signature. She accepted... I'll have to tell Mitsukuni at practice tonight. I stared at the paper and softly mumbled, "She really accepted..."

-----

Mitsukuni and I sat across from each other in our karanji with our black belts hugging our waists. I said, "Mitsukuni." He stated, "What is it Takashi?" A bubbly smile was never leaving his face. I nodded slightly, "She accepted." He burst out with happiness, "Hana-chan accepted?!"

I simply nodded yes. He smiled brightly, "That's great Takashi. I'm glad you found someone." I agreed with him by nodding yes again. Mitsukuni stated, "Soooo should we treat Hana-chan like we always do?" I looked at him pondering the question then nodded yes. He said, "Will Kyo-chan act the same?"

I shrugged my shoulders. Mitsukuni said, "Well you found a new forever halfsies person." He stood up and gently patted my head twice, "Takashi, I'm happy for you." I looked up into his eyes seeing that he really meant it. I held a faint smile, "Thanks Mitsukuni." He offered me his hand and I grabbed it.

We shook hands and then I stood up as well. Mitsukuni chimed, "Let's get back to sparring. Chika and Satoshi will be here in a few minutes. Do you want them to know yet?" I shook my head no and Mitsukuni hummed in understanding.

Originally Posted Feb. 15, 2019
Most recently updated Sep. 22, 2019