𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | DO YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

COMPLETE HAPPINESS WAS AN EMOTION THAT RILEY HAD NOT FELT IN MONTHS. She felt the warmth in her chest immediately return when she fell into Damon's hold— where she spent her entire night. The witch had laid there comfortably as she listened to Damon's breathing, almost as if she were still in disbelief that he was sharing her small bed in her dorm room with her. Damon wasn't exactly impressed that nobody has managed to find a way to remove the anti-magic border which fell across their hometown, so Whitmore was the next best thing.

The couple had finally managed to peel themselves away from the dorm room to take a visit to the hospital to see Alaric. It was not every day that a vampire— an Original vampire— became human, so Jo wanted to make perfectly sure that nothing was going to happen to him.

Alaric's worried gaze turned to his friend, who was aimlessly jabbing at the heart-rate monitor that was beside Alaric's bedside. "Hey. I really don't think you should be playing with all that stuff."

Riley walked back into the room holding two to-go coffee cups, and gazed toward Damon who, despite being told, still hadn't moved from the heart rate monitor. "Knock it off. It's not a toy. He's human now, remember." Riley smacked the Salvatore over the back of the head, which caused him to jolt away from the device. She rolled her eyes then turned her attention to Alaric. "How're you feeling?"

"I gotta be honest, Riley, I feel amazing." Alaric's eyes lit up and it was something the witch hadn't seen since he returned back from the Other Side. "Like I'm connected to the world again. It's the most alive I have felt in a very long time."

"Well, that might be because you've been dead for a very long time." Riley shrugged awkwardly once she took a seat in the armchairs placed in the corner of the room.

A buzzing noise caused their eyes to avert to Damon, who was once again playing with the machinery. "If you kill me, I am dead for good this time, you remember that."

Jo came running in when she heard one of the machines that Damon had been playing with start beeping. She exhaled a sigh of relief when she saw the culprit was only Damon. "Good morning."

"Hey, I don't know if this is a good time," Alaric stated.

"Just a heads up, Doc. You're gonna be in real high demand with a bunch of vampires who wanna be human again if you could repeat that little healing trick you did at the border with Ric last night." Damon grinned toward Jo, who was clearly unimpressed.

"Well, just a heads up but, saving Alaric's life was a matter of a treatable death-wound, perfect timing, and fear of losing the most interesting guy I've dated in a while adrenaline." Her eyes moved from Alaric, back to the Salvatore. "A hundred percent unrepeatable. Which is why you will tell no one."