𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | I ALONE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DAMON HAD FOUND THE ASCENDANT, AND ASKED RILEY TO MEET IN AT THE CEMETERY TO RESCUE BONNIE. The strawberry-blonde was filled with nothing but excitement at the thought of finally seeing Bonnie Bennett again. The couple strode through the forest to meet Liv, who had agreed to do the spell to transport them over to the prison world, though Damon was very cagey on how he managed to get the device.

"Do you happen to know what Matt wants with Stefan?" Riley raised an eyebrow to her boyfriend, who just shook his head in response.

"I don't know. It's Matt. Food? Money? New social class?" He scoffed momentarily, the Ascendant within his grip. "Whatever it is, it better distract Stefan from his sizeable screwup with Caroline. Did you know about that? How she felt about him?"

"Yeah. She kinda admitted it to Elena and I a while back." The witch shrugged. "I think she was a little apprehensive to admit it to Elena, but even she took it pretty well, all things considered." Finally, they wandered over to Liv, who appeared to be preparing for the spell. "Liv, thank you so much for agreeing to do this."

"Don't worry about it. I needed an excuse to get out of that frat house. Way too much boy. Gross." She rolled her eyes, then turned to Damon. "You got everything?"

"Yup. Blood from a Bennett. Lucy, to be exact." He handed over a small vial of blood, then the Ascendant. "And, an Ascendant from whatever the hell your last name is."

"Parker." Liv snapped whilst her eyes lingered across the object in her palm. "So, this is the famous Ascendant. I'm surprised that Jo gave it up?"

Riley's eyes immediately widened, as she folded her arms across her chest. "Uh— what'd you mean by that?"

"It's the only thing keeping Kai locked in his prison. If he gets out, he's coming after Jo."

Damon exhaled deeply and plunged his hands into his pocket with gritted teeth. "Well, good old Jo, helping us out." He chuckled. "Can we do this, please?"

"Whatever. So, I'm gonna need the moon to activate the Ascendant. It will be viable for about eight hours, so once I send you over, the clock's ticking." Liv explained, then she sent Riley a look. "If you are I are linked, it'll be a hell of a lot easier for me to find you guys, and pull you out."

"Right." The strawberry-blonde witch nodded as she stepped forward and extended her hand to Liv. The witches closed their eyes, softly mumbling an incantation to themselves as the wind around them began to pick up. Once the linking was complete, Riley stepped back to Damon, who placed his hand within her own.

The couple held the Ascendant out in their free hand, whilst Liv poured Lucy Bennett's blood into the centre. Once the spell began, the whole reality around them was forced into a bright white light that Damon had seen once before. As soon as the light faded, they were stood in exactly the same place, though Liv was gone.