06.

I dropped Caroline off at the airport and came home feeling a little empty. My apartment is so quiet without her. I go to my room and look at the hole in my ceiling.

"Jack! Are you up there?" I call. I realize this is a weird way to communicate, but I don't feel like getting my phone out.

I see his face pop up over the hole. Just seeing his face and crazy hair makes my heart feel a little fuller. "You called?"

"Come down here! We need to talk about my ceiling, and I kinda just want to hang out if you have time," I yell. I don't know why I'm yelling. He's not that far.

"One sec!" His face disappears and I hear the fire escape creaking. I see him jump down the last step and open the window.

"Is Caro gone?" He asks when I let him in.

I nod and say, "Yup. Just gonna be me here."

He looks up at my ceiling and puts his hands on his hips. "I called the landlord yesterday and he said he could get someone to fix it tomorrow."

"Great. I would love to sleep in here again."

"I can't believe you want to fix our secret way of communication," he teases.

"I don't like the idea that you could prank me at any time. Or that someone could be watching," I shiver, "Gives me the creeps."

"That's fair."

We go to the living room and collapse on the couch dramatically. We are splayed out and taking up the whole couch. I see a dm from Caroline and open my insta. She sent me another Teen Wolf edit and I love it.

"Do you have an Instagram?" I ask him. I lift up my head to look at him. My double chins are probably beautiful.

"Oh yeah, do you?" He raises an eyebrow.

I nod and tell him my user name. In a few seconds I have a follow request from @jackaverymusic. I click on the request and see that he has 1.6 M followers. I shoot up and go, "What the hell? Are you famous or something?"

He laughs and goes, "I wouldn't say famous but our band is pretty popular."

I stand up and reply, "How come you didn't tell me this sooner?!"

He shrugs, "I liked that you didn't know."

I sigh deeply, "I cannot believe you. I can't believe you guys didn't tell me your band is like famous!"

He sits up and holds his hands out, "It never came up," he reasons.

I shake my head and frantically say, "There were plenty of times!"

I look back at him again and say, "Play me one of your songs. And tell me when you sing. Better yet, just sing your part to me."

He stands up and walks towards me, "That's so awkward, Google."

"Stop calling me that," I narrow my eyes. I like having a nickname, but Google?? Really??

He smiles, showing off his ridiculous white teeth. Why is he so pretty? "I like it though," he pouts.

"Whatever don't change the subject! Sing to meeeee," I plead.

He pulls out his phone and open Spotify. I clap and wait for him to pick a song. He plays a song called Falling.

"Are you going to sing?" I ask. I'm feeling so giddy right now. Wow this is actually insane. It didn't sink in that I have a famous boyband member in my living room. And it should change everything, but it really doesn't change anything for me. For now at least.

He holds up his hand to silence me with an amused smile. Just as I requested, he does sing his parts, and some others. My jaw drops. His voice is so beautiful. Damn. I'm screwed now.

He dances a little and I laugh and do a little dance of my own. We stay in the living room like that jamming to his band's music for a while. I try to sing along with the chorus every now and then, but I mess it up every time and we just laugh.

I open Snapchat and send a video of Jack and I dancing to their music to the group chat with the boys and Caro. I've had their snaps, but for some reason I never got their instas... until now. Just wait until Caroline finds out.

In my living room laughing, sweating, and dancing, I know that I want to feel like this all of the time. This is happy.

I go to the kitchen to pour a glass of sweet tea and offer him some.

"Yes! I love sweet tea when we visit the south," he gushes.

I pour him a glass and hop on the counter.

"The only thing that would make this better is cookies," I tell him.

He nods, "We should make cookies. We can get the stuff and make some tonight," he offers.

I smile and try to play it cool, "I would love that."

He looks at the time on the stove and his eyes widen, "Oh! I have to go, we have a meeting in twenty minutes!"

I hop off the counter and take his cup, "Go, go, go!"

He runs and hops out onto the fire escape. He pokes his head back in and says, "I'll be back! Don't buy the stuff without me," he winks.

I close the window in his face and turn around. When I'm sure he's gone I run into the living room and do a little happy dance. 

"Ahhhh!" I silently squeal to myself and flail my arms around wildly.

I go to the kitchen and grab my phone and dial Caroline.

She picks up, "Hello?"

"DID YOU KNOW THEY ARE LIKE FAMOUS?!?" I practically screech into the phone.

"What?" She asks and her confusion gives me the answer.

"I'll dm you their instas but oh my word! Their band is popular and they have millions of followers! How did we not find this out??" I ramble.

"I have no idea, what the frick?!" She says, "I am so shook."

"SAME!"

We talk on the phone for about an hour. We talk about her flight and how our days have been going. I ask about her little sister, Stella, who is thriving as a high school volleyball star. I tell her the details about what happened, and the plans for the night. She is obviously very excited in her ridiculous Caroline way.

It's 6:40 is when we hang up so she can go to dinner with her family. I turn on a movie and hang out by myself, but I can't shake the feeling settled in my chest. I have high hopes for tonight.

A/N:

I am super busy with school rn! I'm not sure when my next update will be, but I already have half of the next chapter written. I'll try to publish soon!
Also... Ella knows abt the band and there was a small jack and Ella moment!! It'll only pick up from here! Hope you keep reading!