10.

Jack has the day off and we decided to hang out. We grab lunch together and head out to do as many random touristy things as possible. Neither of us has lived in LA long, so we want to do the typical tourist things we never got to.

Our first stop is a free contemporary art museum downtown. We both get to take turns picking where to go, and this was obviously my pick.

Jack reads the sign and raises his eyebrows at me, "A museum? Really?"

I just nod and take his hand. When we get to the main attraction it becomes more obvious why this was my pick.

I look at Jack and he looks around the room in awe

"Gonna be honest, this is pretty cool," he admits.

I smile and take in the view for myself. I turn back to Jack and take in that view as well. I almost think I enjoy it more than the exhibit.

We walk out of the museum and hop in the car. "It's my turn!" he says excited.

We drive for a while and Jack refuses to tell me where we are going. In exchange for me to stop whining he gives me the aux cord. He's going to regret that.

I play the HSM3 soundtrack and scream the lyrics the whole drive. Jack laughs and he really takes it like a champ.

He finally pulls into a parking spot and I look around, "You've never been to Santa Monica Pier?" I ask incredulously.

"Nope," he replies and takes the keys out of the ignition.

The pier is packed. Jack grabs my hand so we stay together. We are discussing what to do first when a few girls come up to us. Jack immediately drops my hand.

"Hi! Can we get a picture?" one of the girls asks. Oh yeah, he's famous.

"Of course!" he replies. He leans in for selfies and makes small talk with them. They ask about a tour and he tells them that he can't say yet.

I offer to take a picture of all of them together. They cram together and smile big. They give me a weird look.

"We love you, Jack! Tell the boys we love them too!" they shout. They are all smiling so big, and I can't help but smile too.

"I love you too, beautiful!" he yells back.

"Ooooooo, someone has admirers," I tease.

He holds up his hands, "I'm in a very famous man band. The ladies can't resist."

We spend a few hours at the pier, and we encounter numerous more fans. A few of them actually ask about me. Jack introduces me as his friend and the girls are all so sweet.

Jack and I even get an Instagram worthy picture together.

We are eating ice cream by the water to wind up our outing.

"It's so weird that you're famous. I forget sometimes."

"It's crazy. I get to make music with my best friends for a living, and the fans are so incredible," he looks amazed. There is a certain joy on his face when he talks about his music career, and I love seeing it every time.

"I can't even imagine. I mean just seeing them today, they are incredible. It must be nice to live your dream like that every day."

'"It is," he looks at me with a quizzical expression, "What do you want to do?"

I laugh, "That is the million dollar question," I look out at the ocean, "I have no clue."

"Come on, you have to have something you're passionate about."

I shrug, "I don't know. I'm passionate about stories. I love books and movies and television. I just don't know how to make a career out of that. Besides it's not like my parents would understand."

"Of course you can make a career out of that! You live in LA, there has to be some reason you moved across the country to live here. You know that this is the perfect place to discover those dreams. I'm sure your parents would understand that. They are doing what they love, why not let yourself do the same?" he speaks with so much enthusiasm and he sounds like he believes in me. You don't know how good it feels to have someone believe in me.

The smile on my face is hesitant, "You're insane."

He shrugs, "Maybe, but that insanity got me this far. "

A/N:

Interesting things in the next chapter... 😉