CHAPTER 28

~2 months later~

"How long will you be staying, Tori?" Andrea asked while we are watching Alice through the Looking Glass in their movie room.

"I've talked to an ob-gyn. She said that the safest time to travel is when I'm 3-6 months pregnant so I would probably go back when I'm 4 months pregnant because I want to stay a little bit longer." I answered.

I took a pregnancy test a week after my missed period. My feeling was right; the test came out positive.

"Have you answered their calls?" Andre asked, catching interest in our conversation.

"No. Aku will be the only one to know so when I need to escape again, no one would know where I am." I laughed.

"Oh. Okay." We resumed watching the movie.

*****
--LUKE--
"Please pick up. Pick up. Pick up. Pick up." I mumbled to myself, trying to call Tori.

Its been 2 months since she left and its killing me that I don't know where she is and why.

Last time, I didn't know where she was but I knew why. She left a note last time, this time she didn't.

She was at the airport the last time I heard from her.

This is my fifth call this morning and she finally picked up.

"Tori!" I was greeted by the sound of someone puking.

"Hello?"

"Luke, its me- Andre. I'll hang up when she's done puking. For now, just listen to me. I'll hang up even when I'm not yet done with what I'm saying, that would mean that she's done." I heard the voice of one of our old friends, Andre.

"Okay." I answered.

"Tori said that she knew that she was pregnant when she left. It was confirmed when she took a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago. Her morning sickness started a week ago. She said that she'll go back when she's . . . " Andre hung up.

I groaned out loud and started calling again.

"Andre, pick up." I tried calling him on his cell but he wasn't answering, instead I received a text from him.

Hahaha Tori heard me talking to you so this'll be the last time I'll talk to you while she's here. I can't continue what I was saying awhile ago because she's reading behind my shoulder.

Tell Aku I love him~ Peace.

I tried to call Tori again but she still wasn't picking up.

I sighed.

I have no choice but to get the truth out of Aku.

I got in my car and started to drive to Aku's house.

*****
"Aku!" I banged on his door.

"I'm coming!" He yelled.

"What?" The door swung open. His hair was a mess and he was just in his boxers.

"Dude, its 3 in the afternoon. Why are you still sleeping." I said.

"I woke up 15 minutes ago because I was up late talking to someone." What he said instantly caught my attention. I pulled him inside.

"Was it Tori?" I looked him in the eye.

"No. She isn't even picking up my calls." He said.

"Really?" I was confused.

"Yes, really. Now let go of me."

"Oh, sorry." I let go of him.

"By the way, Andre told me to tell you that he loves you." He spit out the tea he was drinking.