5

||Your POV||

"HE KISSED YOU?!"
"SHUSH!"
I calmed Jin down and apologized to other people.
Jin acts like a teenage girl, sheesh.

We're currently in a cafe right now for breakfast. And I told him everything.
"Why did he?"
"I don't knowww" I said while grabbing my hair on both sides and buried my face between my elbows.
I was frustrated.

"So wait, MinHye is engaged?"
"Uh-huh."
"He needs someone but can't. He's my best friend after all! Great. Now saying that is really weird."
"Messed up."
"Totally."
"So what's your plan? Will you ignore him again?"
"Probably not. It was just an accident."
"So it's fine?!"
I nodded.
"Well, if it's the best decision you can think of. But, do you really still like him?"

I sighed. "The rejection didn't help me to turn back to reality. I just fell in love harder."
"Darn. What a problem."
I looked at my watch. "Well, I need to go now, Jin oppa. Thank you for listening to me again."
"Hey! What are friends for? Ok I need to be going too. See you!"
"See you! Bye!"
We separated ways.

I went to my office. "Hi! Good morning, miss!" I was greeted by my co-workers. "Good morning!!" I greeted back wearing my usual gloomy smile.
"Why so gloomy again, y/n?" asked Sophie. We're quite close.
"Well, bad things happen. But don't worry and let's get to work."
She nodded and walked to her station.
I unlocked my office and started the calculations.

I finished it and decided to have an appointment with my client to show it to him.

I headed to their building. He accepted the design and said that he loved it.

✔ ️another work done.

⏭️  time skip to afternoon ⏭️

I got out of my office and noticed that Taehyung's car was parked outside. He was leaning on his car door, looking at his phone.
Oh my God. Taehyung, are you trying to give me a heart attack? How can you be so handsome even with little movements?

He suddenly looked up and met my eyes. He smiled. His boxy smile is heart warming. "Hi, what are you doing here, Tae?"

"can't I take my best friend home?" I blushed at his comment.

Hmm. Well I guess we're back to pretending that nothing happened. It hurts but we have to keep this friendship. It's the last thing that I'd want to destroy in my whole life. I don't want to end this friendship myself.

"Well, yes you should." I replied sassy-ly.
He laughed.

We got in his car and he started driving.
"but first let's drop by the arts studio. I made a new painting. I want you to judge it."

"I'd be glad to."

We reached the studio and went to his office. It was clean and I saw a lot of paintings hanging on the wall. I was amazed. They were all works of an amazing artist. "I'm impressed." I said still looking around, my eyes sparkling like a little child in a toy store.
He chuckled. "this is what I wanted to show you."
He showed me a painting with the colors black, white, and gray only. It may sound plain but the aura of the painting came out emotional.
It was a boy standing in the middle of the road. "you really brought out your feelings, didn't you?" I commented.
He just sighed and nodded.
My eyes caught a painting in the corner, it was broken. It was cut into two. I approached it and I saw the colorful background.

A guy in his white tuxedo was kneeling in front of a girl in her white dress. He held a ring. He was proposing.

"I painted that before I confessed to MinHye"
I felt really sorry for him. "Well, it's her loss. You're a great man, Tae." I said trying to cheer his mood up.
"Uh y/n? I'm really sorry for what I did yesterday. I don't know why I did that."
"Haha it's fine. Let's forget about that."
"You said the same thing when you confessed to me."
I gulped. We have been avoiding this topic for a while now. No one dared to speak about it. But he brought it up which made me really uncomfortable.
"Well, I did say forget, so let's not talk about it" I smiled.
"I really think we should talk about it though." he walked to me.
"There's no need for that." I insisted.
"Did you move on already?" he walked closer until my back hit the wall. My heart raised. Why is he so close to me? What was his question again?

"y/n why do you even like me? For you, I'm wonderful. But why can't I just be wonderful to her. Am I not wonderful enough? Am I that lame to be liked back?" my eyes started to tear up.
"Taehyung stop!" I shouted. "stop hurting yourself! Did you forget that I'm here? And if I say you're a wonderful person, then you are! You don't have to change. I like the way you are! MinHye has another type but it's her loss, not yours!" after I said this, a tear escaped his eye.

"I wanted to move on, Tae. But after the rejection I just fell in love with you deeply! I wanted to move on! But you kept on making me confused. You kissed me! I prevented myself from thinking that maybe I had a chance! Seeing you unhappy because of a girl made me unhappy too! That night when I saw you in tears, I wanted to hug you all night! I felt what you felt. And I hate that I can't do anything about it! I want to ignore you! I want to leave my feelings aside to be the best friend you only want me to be! I can't do anything about this because I love you!" my tears were flowing non stop.

|| Taehyung's POV ||

Taehyung was crying too. The fact that he doesn't even know what he felt for y/n. If he could, he can be with her. But he doesn't want to do that out of pity. He wanted to accept her out of love. But he doesn't know what he's feeling right now. Seeing his strong best friend burst into tears right in front of him made him mad and guilty.

|| Your POV ||

I can't stand it anymore and ran out. I don't care if people glance at my state. I just wanted to go home. I went to my apartment and packed my things. I decided to leave Seoul for a while without anyone knowing. I wanted some time alone. I wanted to take a break from this freaking drama. I took a leave and went back to Daegu. My home.

I arrived at my home town. It took me an hour and 47 minutes. I went in our house and found no one. They were all probably at work. It was only me, my parents, and my brother Min Yoongi. Yoongi was a rapper, and a song writer. He's together with the popular RM (Kim NamJoon). They are pretty popular. I heard that Yoongi oppa was here in Daegu already after their tour in Busan.

I went in my room and it hadn't changed a bit. I decided to bake a cake and prepare dinner. I received a call from Jin. He asked me why I was not in the apartment. He was worried since it was already night time. I told him I went home and will be coming back next week on December 24. Well, he did kinda got angry to me. I apologized and he accepted.

I put the plates on the dining table, and finally heard the door unlock. I showed myself from the kitchen and saw my parents, they were shocked. They smiled and I hugged them. "I missed you, mom and dad."
"We missed you too!"
"I prepared dinner!" I led them to the dining room. "Where's oppa?"
"He said he's on his way."
"Can we wait for him before we eat?"
"Of course! Well, let's all talk first. How's your work, y/n dear?"

⏭️ 20 minutes later ⏭️

We were talking on the sofa when we heard the door open. "Oppa!" I ran to him and hugged him. "y/n you're here?!"
I looked up at him and nodded.
"Y-y/n?!" a familiar voice called me. I looked at the back of my brother. And I saw...

"MinHye unnie?!"