Chapter 6 - Harry to the rescue!

Chapter 6!

*Kelsey's POV*

"Hey." I say, walking into Landon's room. "How ya feeling?"

"Okay." He smiles. "Better now that you're here."

I feel my cheeks turn pink.

"The doctors said they wanted to talk to me. I think that it's going to be good news! Well, I'm hoping..." I half-smile at the ground. It's not hard to tell I'm a little too optimistic right now.

"Kelsey, that's why I asked the nurses if you could stay after visiting hours. They already told me. It's not good news." My face drops. "Kelsey, I only have six weeks, at the most, left." My chin quivers. I feel the tears coming on. I need to stay strong!

"Don't say that!" I say, taking a seat at the foot of the bed. "Doctors don't know anything! They don't know how much of a fighter you are! They don't know how much you haven't done yet." I practically scream at him.

"Hey! Princess!" I hear from the other side of the room. It's a double room with a curtain seperating the patients. "Keep it down! I heard the doctor myself. He's on his death bed sweet cheeks!" I want to run over there and scream at the patient, but I stop myself and look at Landon. His eyes fill with tears. Slowly, I see one tear, and then another, and another fall down his face. He never cries. That's when I lose all hope of staying strong. I absolutely lose it!

"Kelsey! I'm so sorry. This is not at all how I planned to tell you." Landon says.

"Then how did you plan on telling me?! Huh? How long have you known?" I yell.

"About an hour after I got here...." He whispers.

"Did you plan on just not telling me? Landon! How could you not tell your own fiance that you're dying?" I ask.

"It's not like I wasn't going to! I didn't exactly know how to bring that into conversation. I finally figured out a way when BIG MOUTH OVER THERE had to go and ruin it!" He looks so sorry right now. But I need some time to cool down before I can talk anymore.

"Landon, I'll see you in the morning." I say, walking out the door.

*Alexis' POV*

I can't think straight right now! My soon-to-be brother in law is in the hospital with cancer and no one is updating me! I turn on the television and start flipping through the channels.

The first channel I flip to is a special on different types of cancer. I flip the channel. The second is a true story about someone who died of cancer. I flip the channel. Maybe I should watch a movie instead. I turn to HBO and the featured movie is My Sister's Keeper.

I turn off the tv and burst into tears. He died! I just know it!

I cry into the throw pillow for what seems like forever when I hear a car pull up to her apartment. Kelsey's home!

I run to the front door, still in tears, and run outside. I run down the three flights of stairs before I reach the ground level.

I look up and gasp. I'm overwhelmed by who I see!

It's Harry.

*Harry's POV*

Alexis looks shocked to see me. She's still crying. I don't blame her! She probably doesn't know what the hell is going on! I walk up to her and put my arms around her. She wraps her arms around me and breaks down crying again.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay." I say over and over, trying to sooth her. "C'mon, let's go inside. It's cold out here."

She leads me up to Kelsey's apartment and sits on the couch.