Chapter 10

"Alright O'Driscoll... Mind tellin me where your gang is?" You asked as you held a bowl of stew in your hands and ate it in front of him to tempt him. He stared at the food hungryly before looking down at his feet with a frown.

"I told you... I-i know nothin..." He wimpered out. You rolled your eyes and put the bowl down after your last bite.

"That's what they all say..." You growled and took a step closer to the male.

"Hold your horses there!" Dutch exclaimed as he rushed over with Bill trailing behind him. "It seems like our cat had caught our friends tongue here." He said with a smirk. That did seem to be the nickname you picked up after a while in the camp. You were known for being sneaky and sly with the jobs you had to do. Granted, getting the loans wasn't as smooth as you'd hoped. But you did get the job done. "I was thinking of letting Mr. Williamson here join in on this fine conversation we're havin." Dutch added. Bill let out a smirk and a scowl somehow at the same time.

"I told all of yous I don't know nothin... They ain't no friends o' mine either. I-i just rode with them for a while" Kieran let out again. You rolled your eyes.

"How much longer are you goin to repeat yourself. Your a god damn broken record." You snapped.

"Horseshit! Tell the fuckin truth you good for nothin O'Driscoll!" Bill exclaimed.

"God damn it! Just hurt him so the next thing that comes out of his mouth is the truth!" Dutch exclaimed. His voice rasping as he rose his voice.

"Gah who am I kiddin... He refuses to open his mouth... But when he does he's able to tell a lie..." Dutch hissed as he got close to Kieran's face who looked away from Dutch as best he could. He let out a sinister chuckle. "Let's just have some fun, huh?" Dutch turned to Bill with a nod and Bill's face beamed with excitement. You knew what this meant which made a smirk stretch on the corners of your lips. Kieran began to panic.

"W-whats he doing? Where's he goin?" He asked frantically. Dutch let out a laugh and you chuckled yourself.

"Nothin to worry your little head about!" Dutch exclaimed and pulled down his pants. You let out a laugh at the pecker before you and quickly glanced away to try and stop yourself from laughing too much. "Their just balls my friend. Just gonna cause you a little trouble is all." Bill came back with heated clippers as Dutch gave a little monologue to Kieran. The man held hostage couldn't help but panic further then he already was.

"You sick bastards!" Kieran exclaimed. "What do you want from me?!"

"Well we need some answers from you. But we're gonna find out if we get them before or after your friend there is cut off." Dutch said clearly amused by Kieran's reaction to all of this.

"Alright listen!" Kieran exclaimed.

"Bout time..." You muttered.

"I-i know where O'Driscolls are hidin. And your right. They don't like you and I don't like them any more then I don't like you... N-no offence."

"None taken." Dutch replied.

"They're up on Six point cabin. I'll take you there. J-just let me go. I really don't like him..." He insisted. Bill pulled away with disappointment.

"Okay then. Why don't you take a few of us up to this hide out of yours?" You asked as you took your knife out. "I got this..." You muttered to Dutch and cut the man free. You then pushed Kieran away from the tree. "Alrighty then. Let's get goin, shall we?" You announced.

~~~

After a battle with the O'Driscolls and not finding Colm. You, Bill and John decided to bring Kieran back to camp and tell Dutch he isn't worth killing but worth to keep for further information. Once you got to camp you figured you'd visit Arthur for a bit. You knocked on the wooden post and Arthur groaned out as a response to letting you in the tent. "How you feelin?" You asked as you sat on the edge of his cot.

"Still healing but I'm doin alright I guess." He muttered out. You placed your small yet smooth hand on Arthur's forehead to see if he had any signs of a fever. He was a bit warm to the touch but nothing too major.

"Your getting warm... Hopefully it's nothing too bad." You mutter out as you even placed the back of your hand on his stubbly cheeks. Even those were a little warm but not as bad as his forehead. Arthur watched you and took note of how gentle and caring you could be. He didn't mind the gentle touch of your hands nor did he mind you taking care for him. "I'll be right back. I'm going to get some medicine that might help with that." You said softly before leaving the tent. Arthur took this chance to write in his journal.

"I understand as to why she's mad with me but... Even after the whole bear attack she insist on taking care of me. I don't know why I'm writing about this or even thinking about this but... there's something about (Y/n) that I can't place together. She's a kind soul and a tough girl at that. I've known her for so long too but why am I now just noticing this... This feeling? Whatever it is, I hope I figure it out soon and it doesn't ruin anything either.
~Arthur M."

You had soon returned with the medicine in hand and carefully helped Arthur sit up before giving him the medicine.

"You don't have to care for me, you know." Arthur spoke up suddenly causing you to suddenly stop what you were doing and quickly looked at him. You let out a sigh and looked down at your lap.

"Your right... I don't. But I do because I care about you, Arthur." You replied then looked back at his blue eyes. "Besides. I owe you for taking care of me for so long" you added.

"Oh (Y/n) you don't gotta owe me nothing-"

"Yes I do, Arthur. You saved me when I was 12 years old and then helped me into this camp a few years later. Ever since I join this gang, you've taught me everything I need to know along with Dutch and Hosea." You explained. "You've been a good man to me Arthur-" Arthur shook his head at your words.

"Stop right there..." He muttered and scratched his cheek.

"But-"

"No. Don't." He said rasing a hand up. "(Y/n) I'm not a good man... I've killed, stole, robbed. I've done everything... I'm not in any way a good man." He insisted and refused to make eye contact with you in fear of what your reaction may be.

"Your wrong." Was all you said and you stood up from your spot. He quickly turned his his attention towards you.

"What?"

"Your wrong, Arthur." You stated. He shook his head and glanced away though you placed a hand on his cheek and made him look you in the eyes. Your faces a few inches away from each other. "Look at me." You said and his eyes finally met yours. "Sure you've done a lot of bad... Especially in the past. But the past is the past, Arthur. You've changed since then and if im being honest you've grown to be a kind, wise and caring man. To say your a bad man and all you've done is nothing but bad is wrong... You've grown so much as a person and I think that makes you a great man... And every time you say your not. I will be there to prove you wrong, you hear me?" You poured your heart and soul to that small speech of yours and you meant every word of it. Now it was just a matter of time before Arthur finally started to believe you. "Stop being so hard on yourself..." You said keeping that eye contact with Arthur. You then moved your hand away from his cheek and pulled away. "I'm going to get you some food... I'll be back." You said and left the tent once again. Arthur's heart was pounding and he felt a pang in his chest from your words. He wasn't sure what the hell he was feeling exactly. But he definitely didn't mind it. You, however, knew exactly how you felt. You began blushing intensely as soon as you left Arthur's tent to go fetch some food.

"Hello Ms. (L/n)." Sadie had greeted you as you filled up two bowls. One for yourself and the other for Arthur.

"Hello Mrs. Adler. How are you?" You asked her kindly. She let out a shrug.

"Been doin well. Still miss my Jobs but... I'm holding up." She replied. "How's uh... How's it goin with you and Arthur?" She asked. Her tone lower and she got closer to you. You blushed once again and explained what had happened before you got over to the pot of food. You had hoped one day that Arthur may finally warm up to you... But that will take a lot of time before that happens and you knew that well.