Really?!

“What did she do this time?”

“It’s nothing hyung. I’m alright.” Yixing said and smiled. “It’s just blisters, it’s fine.”

“How could that be fine?” Kris asked and took hold of Yixing’s hands. “How are you going to practice your piano then?”

“I’m fine, really! I can still play. Besides, it’s only on the sides of my hand, it doesn’t matter.”

“That’s it. I’ve had enough, you stop scrubbing the stairs and go straight to my room.” Kris said and pushed the bucket of soapy water away from Yixing. He pulled him up and gave him a light push towards the direction of his room.

“What are you doing?” Yixing asked him while walking up the stairs.

“Just go.” Kris said. “I have a little something to take care of.” He said and stormed off to his mother’s bedroom.  He slammed open the door and stormed in.

“Oh, there’s my dear child.” His mother said and smiled. “What are you doing here, do you have something to say to me?”

“Mother, you’ve got to stop bullying Yixing.” Kris said and his mother’s face darkens.

“Oh, so I see… He has been telling on me again hasn’t he? To make my own son turn his back against me. To have you talk to rudely to me.” She said and walked away towards the window.

“Mother, he is your stepson.” Kris said. “You’ve got to stop.”

“That creature is no son of this family. Your father married that woman because he pitied her. She had seduced your father and how dare you speak up for him.”

“Mother. Please.” Kris softens his tone. “Stop making Yixing do all those impossible house chores like sweep the chimney by himself, wash the entire floor with only a rag. He is my brother and I have to protect him.”

“Protect him? You have to stay away from him and be careful around him. Who knows he may steal your position as the successor of your father’s company from you?”

“Mother I have said before a thousand times, I don’t mind if father lets him have the CEO position. I can be his helper, or better, I can live out my dreams.”

“Don’t you dare talk to me like that. I have work so hard just to prove to your father that how good of a son and how suitable you are as the successor of the company so don’t you dare ruin it for me.”

Kris went speechless. He knows his mother wants him to be the next boss of the family’s company and he knows that his father is keeping a close eye on both him and Yixing. He stood there still for a moment, staring at his mother and he shook his head.

“I’m outta here.” He said and walked out of the room before his mother could say anything else. He closed the door behind him and sighed.

“I can’t do this.” He said to himself. “Yixing is my brother. I… I can’t fall in love with him, that’s incest! Even though we’re from different mothers but…” Kris sighed again and runs his fingers across his messy hair. “What am I going to do?”

He walked slowly towards his bedroom and pushed opened the door just to find Yixing sitting on his bed, cheekily changing the channels on the TV. He looked up just as he heard Kris walking in and he gave Kris the most charming smile that Kris had ever seen in his life.

“Where have you been?” Yixing asked.

“Oh, uhm…” Kris begins to stutter. “I was uhm, uhhh… Nevermind. I’m hungry.” He said and Yixing smiled.