Chapter 2

After spending the day doing my typical activities (looking up bunny videos on YouTube, catching whatever Rocky movie was on that day, not solving crime), Jules finally came home from the police department. She stepped in the door, clearly tired from a day's hard work.

"Hello," she said. Although she was exasperated, there was still a good attitude in her voice, which was common for Jules.

"Hey," I responded, smiling as well, walking over to the door. Once I reached her, I wrapped her in my arms, kissing her. I could feel her smile.

"How was your day?" she asked, breaking away.

"The usual. Sitting around all day. I looked a little bit at the flowers for the wedding, but I thought you would be better at making that decision than I would. What about you?"

"Oh, work's been slow. We haven't had a new murder case in a while. It's so different compared to Santa Barbara. But I'm not complaining," she answered, taking off her jacket and heading over to the kitchen.

I walked into the dining room and sat down at the table. "Yeah, it's weird. I mean, I guess that my side isn't as hard as yours; all I have to do is sit around in a different house than I did before. But you're in a new police station and all, not to mention you don't have Lassiter anymore. Speaking of him, how is Lassie? Have you guys talked since we moved?"

"Yeah, but texting is different than talking face-to-face. We've Skyped a few times, but I miss him. And oh my gosh, he showed me little Lily and I think she is just the cutest thing. Carlton and Marlowe are so lucky," she remarked as she pulled out a box of spaghetti from the fridge.

I swear, Jules is one of the worst cooks you could ever imagine. Spaghetti and soup from a can are pretty much the only edible things she can make. Luckily, all tonight's dinner took was boiling some water and putting the spaghetti in, so it would be edible and fast.

Jules and I continued talking until dinner was ready, and as soon as we sat down and started eating, Juliet's phone rang.

"O'Hara... Okay. Mhm. Yes. Oh! Okay. No problem. Alright, thank you. Mhm. Bye." She tapped the 'end' button, put her phone on the table, and looked at me. "Well, well, well."

"What?" I questioned.

"There's a case. Serial killer. This guy is a huge deal. So huge, that every police station and every cop on the coast of California is on the case. And that includes you, Gus and Carlton."