Chapter 11

I was driving around a lot today.

I drove all the way back to the police station and stormed into Chief Vick's office.

Her eyes were slightly puffy and red, too.

The words just spilled out of my mouth.

"Listen, Chief, I know that my emotions are running high right now, and maybe I'm just going a little bit crazy, but we have to catch Thorndale. I mean, I know that was the original goal, but his team killed Jules and I can't live another second knowing that they're still out there, probably drinking beers and celebrating their victory."

She stared at me for a few seconds.

"Well?"

"Mr. Spencer, the rest of the cops are out right now trying to catch those guys for a second time. They left about half an hour ago. We're taking many more precautions; we have better guns, the element of surprise, and anger to fuel us. I'm sure this will be at least a small victory."

I had to take it in.

More people were fighting for the second time today.

The chief interrupted my thoughts.

"And Mr. Spencer?"

I shook my head, clearing my mind a little.

"Yeah?"

"We'll start planning O'Hara's police memorial soon."

"Oh. Okay."

"And there's one more thing I should probably tell you."

"Hit me."

"Gus and Lassiter came in about forty five minutes ago. Lassiter said he had just talked to you. He and Gus went with the rest of the force. They're fighting in this, too."