(9)

It hurt to see Ruth being so close to Lucas. But I tried not to focus on it much. I had Hector. As a crush atleast. So I decided to focus on my feelings towards him.

Hector started showing more interest in me. He continued staring at me in class. He even got my number and we used to text all the time. He even flirted with me most of the times.

***

Like for this one time, when teacher was telling us about a single boy saved 4 girls from drowning in the lake.

"Abigail? You'll save them right. If it was reversed and instead of the boy, it's you?"

A random question I know.

"Yes, only if they don't know swimming." I answered without much thought.

"I don't know how to swim." Hector said and winked at me.

***

My friendship with Hector grew a lot. It was really fun being around him. I used to get butterflies whenever he smiled and talked to me. It was so new. My first crush. It felt amazing. I know that he knows that I like him. That is why, he flirts back. Wow, this means I have a chance? But I'll not jump into anything, unlike Ruth. But looking at her, I was jealous. She was with her crush. Her crush was her first boyfriend. Wow. But was I jealous because of that? Or was I jealous because Ruth was with someone else who is not me?

***

It was a normal day. I left for school as usual. On my way to school, I met Isla. What a way to start the day!

"Abigail! Hi." Isla shouted and ran over to me.

"Hey Isla. Long time no see"

"Yes, I missed you."

Really? Fake.

"Me too. So how is school for you?"

We talked for a while until she came up with a new topic.

"Do you know Samuel Harrison from my class?"

"No. Who is he?"

"My crush! He's so hot. You should see him."

Wow. Too many crushes.

"Ruth is going to set me up with him!"

"Ruth?"

"Yeah, remember how she got her crush to be her boyfriend. Wow, I'm so excited."

"Good for you." I meant I don't care.

We reached the campus and went towards our classes when Isla suddenly grabbed my hand.

"LOOK!" She quietly pointed towards a guy who standing near the library.

Samuel Harrison. He was quite tall and looked a bit older, with all the little moustache and stuff. Yeah, he's attractive. Doesn't attract me though. I have Hector.

"Wow. Good luck with that, huh."

"I trust Ruth." Isla said and went inside her classroom.

***

In my class, aside from Hector and Ursula, I had become good friends with Jenny. She was sweet but very melodramatic. She had a boyfriend too. All this boyfriend shit. I'm bored. Her boyfriend, Jason (yes, the one mentioned earlier) was hot. Very much. Every girl thought so. And he was a playboy. Flirted with every girl. But, I believe he was serious with Jenny. Good for her.

Ursula also got a boyfriend. Not surprising.

Everyone had got their first boyfriends. Even Isla would get one soon. It made me feel left out. But did I really need a boyfriend to make me happy? Nope. I was happy. On my own. And to make me feel better, Yvonne didn't have a boyfriend either. We both were single whole of our lives!

***

I met Yvonne after a long time and we talked for hours filling each other in about all the details of things that had happened. I told her everything about everyone having boyfriends. And she said the situation was same in her grade. Then I decided to tell her about Hector.

"So I have a crush on a guy called Hector." I said being pretty straightforward.

"Oh my god! Who is he? I wanna see. Is he cute?"

"Very." I showed Yvonne his photo and she agreed he was cute.

"Well I got something similar!" Yvonne said.

"I have a crush on guy named Johnathan. But I'll call him John."

"The John from your school bus?"

"Yes, the one everyone kept shipping me with. They always said we would make a great couple. Now I know why!"

Another crush. It is highschool indeed.

***

A/N

Hey, it's me again. Just wanna remind you to show your support if you like my story. It really means a lot when you click that little star below. Also please do tell me if I make mistake and how I can better my writing. Thank you so much again.