File 02: Out Of The Box

[>--------------------------------------<]

File 02: Out Of The Box

Location: Home, America

[>--------------------------------------<]

Okay, first off I had to adjust dad's new suit a little for it to hold snuggly yet not too tight. He had set it for his dimensions but had not used it before. He has a lot more muscle mass than I do...

Hey, no laughing I'm serious.

This new suit was so new that it practically blinded me with the newness of it all. There was surprisingly less on it than what my dad's suit had the first time.

I remember dad showing me electro-magnetic muscle strands but this was on a much smaller scale and there didn't seem to be any of the bulky hydro-sterling generators, so there was no stegasaurus back, and the skin material... was different. It looked like carbon fibre, but it moved and reacted like it was alive once I put it on. It felt like... shark skin... ah no it couldn't be.

This was something else.

For starters the suit Dad built for me was a jump-and-run booster alone. No arm upgrades or add ons, just basically kelvar body armour and a motion enhancing set of hydraulic muscle strands controlled by his brain through loads of nano-processors (The military always gets stuff early). That was cool, but this one was completely different.

I had to configure many other things my way before I could walk too. Maybe it's a guy thing to want things set their own way. Kinda like how shortcuts on my desktop were sorted by using Rainmeter instead of the usual icons. That always drove my dad nuts, so he insisted we keep multiple logins for computers otherwise he'd have no idea how to navigate my setup, hahaha.

Still, I knew these suit configuration layout settings like the back of my hand. I knew the basics from tinkering with the ones I had in my basic suit.

Simple things like grip sensitivity, motion increase, torque strength, and numerous other settings were now to my liking.

The obvious core settings like just how much the suit clung to my body and backbone were first and foremost though. It was essentially a crab with a vice grip on me. Or maybe a bulldog bite.

Despite all the extra features that dad needed for work under fire, it was the same in basics as mine, although it had way more than I had never seen before.

The only difference between Dad and I now was the fact that I could walk and run with my muscles while dad relied on detection of spinal and hip muscle control firings headed for the legs to move the legs.

Dad's suit had a minute delay, mine didn't.

[>--------------------------------------<]

Location: Sierra Army Depot, California, USA

The boys at intel got what they needed out of the transmission and were able to find when and where Dad's transmission was sent. I guess dad probably got them to monitor his suit communications just in case something went wrong.

They contacted me to come in to join the rescue mission... actually they'll be joining me because dad specifically asked for me to get him.

I felt quite cool actually, stepping into my mustang, reving the engine and cruising towards the barracks along he highway. Still, I had never been in the kind of action that dad had ever been in despite experiencing those simulated firefights.

All eyes were turned to me as they watched me walk into the briefing area with my new suit on. Cue Ironman music.

It was much more than what they had expected too. I was the spitting image of my dad, so they were all astounded when they watched me walk in like I was my dad.