File 16: Unforseen Complications

[>--------------------------------------

File 16: Unforseen Complications

Location: Hot Springs Boulevard, New Mexico

[>--------------------------------------

There were just two of them who approached us, sporting winter fur coats and polarized skiing goggles. Fair enough, it was snowy and cold here, and the reflection on the white snow and black ice on the road was blinding.

They arrived in a silver Toyota Camry Hybrid. Kinda amazing for it to be out here... a hybrid, of all the cars...

"Ah, I see you know about Raspberry Pi computers too. There are more powerful ones out there though. Like Kitkat and-"

"Skip the simple stuff. Why are ypu following us and what's your big plan with these Caretaker shuttles?" I was jumpy and a little agitated,  so I blurted out what was on my mind... very professional. Good job, me. I was even leaning on a wall.

The taller one opened up his coat hood and goggles and smirked at dad.

"He never was good at keeping his trap shut, eh?"

Dad and I didn't believe what we were seeing.

"Russell?!" We both said, somewhat astonished.

"I just signed up with them, they-"

"That's enough, Russell," came a female Russian voice from the other one. She didn't remove her hoodie or goggles... wait, those look more like glasses than goggles.

The female huffed and gave Russell a light kick in the shin causing him to flinch but not wince. Dad smiled. This was amusing. Indeed.

She straightened up, put her hands on her hips and said,

"Well, as long as we are getting along already, can we make this quick? As you know we have a limited time to complete our major task."

[>--------------------------------------

Russell was quiet all through the discussion between my dad and the lady who introduced herself late in the conversation as April. She had a much fiercer codename and reputation before but since her days of being around kill squads were over she wanted to be known as someone that will shake your hand instead of cutting it off with cheese wire.

Apart from that she did not reveal anything else about herself. Fair enough. Although I think she knew more about us than we would have liked to let on.

At some point she took off her coat and goggles and Russell held it for her. Kinda like a butler actually, heh.

We were treated to a sight that the Gunsmith Cats would have recalled easily. She was the spitting image of the russian character "Bloody pierce". The major differences were the long orange hair tied up in a bun as well as a lack of any earrings. She did sport the bulket proof vest though... I wonder what she was expecting from us.

She wore combat boots although there were teasings of fur linings coming out of the leggings she wore.

Ahem, anyway the discussion ranged from 'why they needed the suits we had made', to 'why couldn't you make some yourselves', to 'what are your overall set of goals with relation to us'. I also chimed in and asked about the double ruse at the chemical plant as well as the stealth soldiers at Afghanistan. Strangely, the stealth soldiers were not theirs...

Either way it turns out that they are a legitimate force to be reckoned with and their motives are simple. Since they had encountered the Caretakers and understood their story, they have been working hard to keep the original humans alive and deal with the clones in their own humane way.